Mike and Zoe's Gender Reveal

hi.

Enjoy!

Erica's POV

About a week later, Mike and Zoe had invited us to their gender reveal. We went over to their house just one day before the gender reveal.

"Hey Zoe!" I called out.

"Erica! How are you?" She shrieked.

We hugged each other, and Mason came running over to us.

"Mason! You're getting so big! Are you 3 now?" I asked.

"Almost! I just have 1 more month until my special day!" He responded.

"'Sup bro?" Ben called to Mike.

"Hey man!" Mike said.

Kayla toddled over, and I scooped her up.

"Oh my gosh Kay! You're getting so good at walking!" I tickled her, and she did her little cute giggle. I ruffled her soft blond hair.

Mason lead Mike and Ben into his room to play, and Kayla followed, eager to do whatever her brother was doing.

"Why don't we go to the family room? Let catch up a little, I haven't seen you in forever!" 

"Alright, how are Kayla and Mason doing recently?"

"Oh their getting so big. Mason is going to preschool, and Kayla loves playing with her big brother. Gosh, it feels like yesterday that I was bringing Kayla home, now Kayla is going to be a big sister!" Zoe said.

"I know! Our babies are going to be best friends! And Kayla and Mason will be great little examples for them!"

"Have you talked to Jessica recently?" Zoe asked.

Jessica lived 2 blocks away, and when we got older, we became much better friends. She married Jawa, and they have 3 boys named Joshua (7) James 5) and Jamie (3) She is currently 9 months pregnant with her 4th, a little baby girl.

"About a week ago, why?" 

"I called her last night. Still no baby." Zoe sighed.

Suddenly we heard little Kayla crying upstairs.

"Mama! Mason gave me a boo boo" she yelled.

Zoe sighed, and began her way upstairs.

There, Kayla with her big green eyes (like Zoe's) filled with tears sitting in the floor. She had a little bump in her arm, and Mason was glaring at her with his arms folded across his chest.

Mike and Ben had a worried look on their face.

"Mason was playing basketball, and when Kayla stole the ball from him, he pushed her over." Mike explained.

"Mason, Mamas very tired. But I need you to go to time out. Think about what you did." Zoe instructed.

Masons sad brown eyes looked at everyone pleadingly, but he made his way to time out. I ruffled his brown hair.

Zoe knelt down, and Kayla crashed into her crying. Zoe rubbed her back, and said some calming words to her. In 5 minutes, Kayla was back up playing with Mike and Ben, giggling and having a blast. Zoe smiled and sighed, seeming tired. This was a perfect example of what the next 10 years of my life would look like. We walked down stairs, and Zoe went to the kitchen. I followed her there. She started to make a sandwich for her kids.

"I invited Jess and her family to the party, but I doubt she'll come. She's already overdue, it's probably to risky." Zoe said.

"Will Jawa and the kids come?" I asked.