24

-• the third floor •-

I laugh victoriously. And I'm unable to stop. This is the secret he's trying to hide!? That he's in love with another man!? No wonder he got so protective over him. He even got jealous when I told him about the mystery man being weirdly intimate with me!

Oh. My. God.

It was all there. Right in front of my eyes. And I couldn't figure it out?

Dumb, Tara. Absolutely dumb!

But then again, he was vague about the whole incident. He brushed it off with ambiguous statements, clearing none of my confusion, focusing on making sure I don't press on the matter anymore than necessary.

But are you really sure about this, Tara?

Of course.

There's no other plausible explanation to this.

Let's go to the beginning.

When I first saw the man, he did not harm anyone. He did not even try to harm me when we clearly saw each other that night. And right at that instance, Yuvraaj came! It cannot be a coincidence right? I was lost in that web of corridors for more than an hour, but the moment I saw that mystery man, Yuvraaj dropped in.

Then to make sure he doesn't get caught again sneaking out with his lover, he filled my room with snacks so I don't leave the room in the middle of the night.

And his schedule.

It's too exhausting for a normal human being. Is it even possible to survive on thirty minutes power naps? And still be able to manage everything so effortlessly? Absurd. Anyone in his place would be wheeled to the ER weekly. But he's fit like a Vogue model. Why? Because the time he fools everyone believing he's working, he's actually spending some quality time with his lover.

And his divorce!

How come one gets divorced in less than six months of their marriage?

Maybe his wife found out he's into men and couldn't handle the shock?

I nod to myself.

The man who gets worked up if I miss one day of my punishment lets me go so easily for drinking alcohol, sneaking into his room and lying to his face? Impossible. He was clearly afraid of everyone finding about his lover.

My laugh gets louder as proofs keep piling on. I'm hundred percent sure this is it! What else can it be? He's definitely not into anything illegal. A man like him, who's constantly worried about his reputation, about his title, would never dirty his hands into something illegal. And he doesn't even need to. Seeing this huge property and the respect our family has in the eyes of the world, he's making money in millions every day.

Reputation!

That's right.

He's keeping this a secret because of his reputation!

It's not a news that Asian countries are still somewhat conservative about the whole same sex relationships. On top of that, he's a Prince of a state, and handles several businesses, he can't afford staining his reputation. If it comes to light that the Crown Prince of Chauhan Empire is Gay, or Bisexual, or whatever but straight, it'll directly affect his reputation and that's a big NO in Yuvraaj's dictionary.

I've done it!

I've connected all the broken links.

Fuck, I'm so smart.

"Tara, stop!" Agastya shouts, startling me heavily. "Stop laughing before I'm compelled to call the Asylum!"

I chuckle.