Chapter forty one

Note to help readers!
(Special characters)
Xiao Zhan = the first Xiao Zhan before reincarnation
Yibo = the first Yibo before reincarnation
Also, part of this chapter is just to catch everyone up on what's been going on!
.
(None special characters)
Xiao Zhan = our Xiao Zhan from the first two stories
Yibo = our Yibo from the first two stories

.

"Xiao Zhan."

Xiao Zhan opens his eyes and looks at Yibo.

"Yibo?" He stands up and walks over to Yibo and cups his face. "It's you right?" Xiao Zhan smiles with tears rolling down his cheeks. "I missed you." Yibo buried his face into Xiao Zhan's chest letting the sweet scent wrap around him. Yibo melted into the long hug enjoying every moment of it. When they both dreadfully parted from the hug Xiao Zhan leaned close to Yibo and gave a small peck on the lips.

"Did you..." Xiao Zhan looked at Yibo with an approaching curiosity on his face. Yibo already knew what Xiao Zhan wanted to ask, "I was able to leave." He replied. "But how did you do it?" Xiao Zhan questions. "I am not completely sure but I had cultivated magic energy these past thousands of years in hopes of breaking out of the subconsciousness in Yibo's body."

"Although... it seems the demon king had sent some evil demons to disturb Yibo's body. I know that he wants to rein his control upon the kingdoms. I have barely been able to travel with my spirit as the curse keeping us trapped in the subconsciousness is binding me down"

"But I've slowly been breaking free. I doubt I can stay like this for long though. I can feel the overwhelming shackles slowly coming back to my body. I don't have time to cultivate for another few thousand years though. The demons are trying to use us for something that I am sure of. They tried using Yibo as a sacrifice for some ritual which I don't know what for."

Xiao Zhan sighed. "That is a lot to process. But our son is in danger."

"What do you mean?" Yibo narrowed his eyebrows. "I barely managed to send my spirit out to check on FanXing as I felt his life was in danger. But before I could do anything I felt the backlash of going against the curse's binds."

Yibo panicked, "the demon king must've attacked our son. I have to go and find him now!"

Before Yibo could leave Xiao Zhan grabbed his arm. "Please. Be safe."

Yibo quickly pulled Xiao Zhan in for a hug. "I don't know when or if we'll ever see each other again but I love you dearly. No matter what. I will always be your husband."

Xiao Zhan looked up at Yibo with unexplainable feelings of helplessness. "I don't want to let you go." Xiao Zhan's lips quivered as tears prickled his eyes. Yibo smiled softly.

"I'll see you again I promise."  They embraced in one last hug and before Xiao Zhan knew it Yibo was gone just like that. Xiao Zhan sighed.

When will it finally be over?

....
Guo Cheng had been laying in bed tired. His eyes were puffy from how much he cried. Guo Cheng held onto a piece of clothing that belonged to his dearest beloved, Fanxing. He smelled it and engulfed the scent of his husband. He lay there feeling like an empty shell. Guo Cheng's only light in this world was gone. But he knew it was for the better.

Guo Cheng sighed and got up. He teleports to a garden and walks towards the pavilion. The moonlight shined upon the demon who so longs for his husband. Guo Cheng draws out a jar of alcohol from his hands as he sits down. The cool breeze softly brush against his skin while the demon began to drown himself in sorrow. Guo Cheng stares at the sky before crying once again.