Chapter 1

Luca sat at his desk in his office with a glass of whiskey in his hand. The office was large with expensive interior design. From the mahogany furniture to the wool carpet. The bathroom in the office was cozy with a standing shower and glass doors. He was going over the books on his last shipment of drugs. He had a long day, one of his men was spying on him and carried intel to his arch-nemesis. Tito Bacuza, head of the Bacuza crime family. But the rat wasn't as clever as he thought and slipped up. Luca spent hours interrogating him. He smiled as he remembered his... special interrogating methods. The rat was still alive though but barely. Luca got up from his chair to go to the basement where the rat was tied up to remind the rat why everyone called him the devil.

Kiah Wex was doing the tango to an unusual beat, her hips swayed back and forth. "Kiah !"
Why was her dad calling her didn't he see she was dancing and having fun.
"Kiah, wake up or you will be late for work"
work...? she thought.
She stopped dancing and found herself rolling and she hit the ground with a thump. She opened her eyes, shocked to see she was entangled in the sheets on her bedroom floor. Apparently she was sleeping. But somehow she was still hearing the music she was dancing tango to. She soon realized it was her alarm clock. She quickly hit the snooze button.
She yawned, stretched and hastily made her way to the shower. She brushed her teeth and combed her kinky black hair. She threw on her pink and white tunic work uniform for her parent's diner.
Her mom and dad are highschool sweethearts they have been married for 22 years and she was an only child. Her parents opened the the diner 12 years and have been running it ever since. The diner was named Samline because her dad's name was Samuel (Sam) and her mom's name was Jackqueline (line). The diner was in the middle of the city and it was busy everyday especially at breakfast and they were famous for their cappuccinos. She looked at the time it was 7:30am its a good thing the diner was only 20mins away.
"Kiah!" Her mom yelled.
"Am coming" she replied.
She rushed down stairs of their decent beautiful family home.

Her mom smiled when she saw her.
"Good morning mom"
"Good morning pumpkin"
Kiah wiggled her nose , her mom have given her that name since she was a baby and she thought she had out grown it but her mom refuse to call her anything else. Her mom was dressed in casual jeans and a white blouse. Not surprising since she is the manager and the boss' wife. Her and her mom were on the same height. She got her mom's shape, big eyes and dad's face with dad's eye color. Many people who saw her were in awe of her natural beauty.
"All set ?" her dad asked as he kissed his wife.
"Yes hun"
Kiah looked the other way. You would think being married to the same person for 22 years the love would die but in her parents case it only grew stronger.They all headed out, they car pooled to work as usual.
They arrived at the diner in record time and made their way to the kitchen after greeting the workers.

They always ate breakfast at the diner. After all how can you have your diner and not eat there?. The day was busy like any other. Kiah was a waitress, her dad was one of the chefs and her mom was one of the cashiers. Customers came in and out like clock work. Night fall came and it was time for the diner to close. Most of the workers were getting ready to go home while Kiah was cleaning. She was making her way to the cleaning closet but her ears perked up as she walked passed her dad's office because of his phone conversation.
"I will have your money soon I promise just give me some more time"
She knitted her eyebrow... what's that all about she thought.
She proceeded to the closet, after setting the bucket she returned to her dad's office but he was no longer on the phone.
"Dad is everything alright?"
" Yes Kiah all is well"
he made an attempt to smile but failed miserably. She was not convinced all was well but she didn't questioned him any further. She continued her nightly routine then made her way to the car. Her parents came shortly and they drove home.