vii|| DRAGON DREAMS

In the dark night, weeks after the declaration of the new heir to the Iron Throne, Ambrosia found herself suffering an attack of madness

The very future her mother feared for her was becoming a reality, slowly, but she surely was feeling the beginning of the end. Panic attacks, the maesters deemed it, was what plagued Ambrosia deep into the night. The thoughts of the words her father spoke the night before leaving for The Red Keep was what caused Ambrosia this madness. The doom of her future was ever so evident, and the harsh reality of her tragic life would soon unfold.

She had spoken with her father earlier that day, a much regrettable conversation, and one Ambrosia did not know she should have been dreading. He had decided to leave her in The Red Keep and Ambrosia did not take well to that. A decision she was not consulted with but alas, she was just a daughter and was disposed to her father's will. She wanted to plead or sneak into a ship as a stowaway to Winterfell and leave back to Essos with her three dragons. A childish dream, but one she would hold onto until it came true.

But right now, in her dark chambers, she felt her airways constrict as she heaved in tearless sobs. Ambrosia could not feel her finger and toes, causing more panic to snake through her skin. The cause was a dream she had awoken from a few moments before, a seemingly simple, awful dream, one that seemed to only have one meaning, but Ambrosia knew her dreams meant more than what they seemed. She dreamed of her three dragons all dead in a field of lush, green grass. She did not know the particular meaning behind it, and in the moment, she did not care much for the complex meaning, for all she knew was that it predicated her dragons' death, and that was enough to send her into a frenzy.

Ambrosia attempted to reach the table in the middle of the room, but she felt too weak and fell beside her bed. Her head felt pressured and the wind coming in through the opened doors of the balcony made her skin a field of goosebumps. Her throat felt like it had been burnt with fire, an irony she would have laughed at if she was not in such an agonizing position. She would have called out for help, but her voice did not leave her body and all she could do was look upwards towards the stone ceiling, hoping this was her end. Ambrosia had suffered from many panic attacks, but none compared to what was happening. It did not feel like what she was used to, and she feared something much worse was at cause for it.

A knock sounded throughout the room and when no one inside the chambers answered the door slowly opened. "My lady?" It was Talla and Ambrosia let out a breath of gratefulness towards the girl.

"Ambrosia are you here?" Talla stepped into the room and Ambrosia let out a groan. She heard the girl's hurried steps rush towards her and Talla's face soon came to rest in front of Ambrosia's. "Ambrosia, what is wrong? Do I need to call for help? I will alert a guard to call your father and a healer at once." Talla made move to rise from her squatted position beside her, but Ambrosia had managed to muster the strength to grab the girl's hand.