Closure

Rachel arrived her building after a fatigating day of work. She had only been on Bloomingdales for few months,but both the amount of work she had to do and the level of recognition she got from the job was incredible. She had hit the exacting stantards made by the company pretty soon,which made the coworkers acknowledge and respect her work even more now.  Despite from the stress, she liked it. She liked the feeling of being independent, of being recognized and appreciated.

She opened the door nonchalantly and walked towards the living room only to find Ross at the couch, randomly flipping through the channels of the small television that sat on the small table opposite him.

"Heyy" he greeted as he shut the TV off all together.

"Hi" she chucked the big bag that slunged over her shoulder randomly to the nearby chair before she slumped her head towards the arm of the couch, bringing her feet up on the couch and laying them in Ross's lap.

"How was your day" inquired Ross.

"Oh the usual..meetings, concert planning and fashion" mumbled Rachel as she closed her eyes.

"What about you"?

"The same. Unintersed students, exams,and bones" he replied, making her laugh a bit. 

"Tired Green"? Ross asked by giving her foot a massage.

"Yeah..it's been such a stressful day. She started. "I mean..I love my job. I am happy and grateful for everything I have in this moment, but.. things've been hard lately..." she trailed off staring aimlessly. Ross nodded knowingly. She was right. Its been quite a while since she went out and breathed some fresh air. Ever since the break up with Chip, she seemed a bit more quiet. Ross looked straight at her eyes. The deep blue pool of eyes lacked the tinkle he used to adore.

"I know. What do you say of we doing something together,to cheer you up? Like we used to do before? A Ross and Rachel day"? He asked expectantly.

Rachel lifted her head up, more cheered.

"Oh.. wow! We haven't done it in a while right? It sounds like fun.."

"It is fun.."! He said happily as he tickled her right foot, which made her squeal.

"Get ready Rach.. we are gonna have a lot of fun tonight.." Ross said winking at her.

Rachel smiled at him. It's unreal how he knew everything about her. He always knew the right thing to do to make her happy. It seemed like, the only thing he cared anymore is to bring a smile to her face. Rachel found it endearing the way how Ross cared, protected and took care of her. She gathered herself up and moved towards her room inorder to freshnen up and get ready.

After a little exhibition on the dance floor they returned to the bar,laughing loudly. They were both worn out and sweaty combined from both the dancing and the humid environment. Rachel plopped down beside Ross as he rested his arm on the seat behind her head.

She was busy downing a sip of hot beer into her throat when Ross found someone over the crowd. He shook his head in disbelief as he watched a drunk Chip yelling for another glass over the other side of the pub. Ross looked over to Rachel to find her vibing to the loud music which's being played. At first he thought of exiting out the place as soon as possible. Ross couldn't let his presence hurt Rachel. No. He cant risk it anymore. And that's when a thought strike him. He smirked to himself.

"I had a wonderful night Ross. It was a blast". Rachel admitted."We need to do it more oftenly".

"Yeah. We can definitely do it sooner. But..before that, we need to make this night quite memorable right"? Ross squeezed her hands.