Caves are scary (Sonadow) part 2 lemon 🍋

You know what time it issss

One month later...

Shadow pov

"Haha, then I said 'This the one that makes me go way from yo bitch ass'" (pls get the ref) "Oh my god really?" "Yeah and then I put the emerald in the slot" I sipped my cherry smoothie as I watched Sonic laugh. I don't know why I hated him. No. I never hated him. I just didn't realize I loved him. Sonic caught me staring. "Is there blueberry smoothie on my face?" I shook my head, "No I was just.. thinking is all" "Aww, about me?" He tilted his head to the side. "Actually yeah. I was" We were at the beach holding hands. I raised our hands and kissed his. "Oh Sonikku!!" I quickly pulled my hand out of his. Amy tackled Sonic, almost knocking the smoothie out of his hand. "I couldn't find you anywhere! I missed you!" Sonic looked very uncomfortable. "Yeah I missed you too??" Sonic sounded very unsure of himself and looked at me with a pleading look. She kissed his jaw lightly. I grabbed her by the collar. "Listen here, don't you pick up on social cues? He's obviously uncomfortable!" "Sonic! Help!" Sonic just sat there and took another sip of his smoothie. "I mean he's right..." "What? But Sonikku, you love me.." "No he doesn't! Don't you see HOW UNCOMFORTABLE HE IS? HE'S TERRIFIED OF YOU! WHY DO YOU THINK HE RUNS AWAY WHEN HE HEARS YOU!?" I shook her a bit. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Shadow that's enough" I sighed and put her down. She was sniffling. "How would you know anything? You never have been around him you jerk!" "Well at least I RESPECT HIS DAMN BOUNDARIES CUPCAKE! HE DIDN'T WANT THAT KISS! YOU DIDN'T EVEN ASK!" Sonic squeezed my shoulder. I took a deep breath, calming myself. "You just assumed he wanted one. Tell me, out of all the times you said you love him, how often has he said it back?" She was silent. She looked over at Sonic. "Sonic, you love me right? Tell Shadow he's wrong.." I looked at him and he sighed. "Amy, you're a good person but I'm afraid it's true. I.. I don't love you the way you love me and while I do appreciate everything you do for me, I just cannot reciprocate your feelings. I'm sorry for not telling you sooner like I should have. That is on me, but I'm telling you now. I'm sorry.." Amy broke down crying. He went to comfort her but I stopped him. I took a sip of my smoothie, a smile played on my lips. "Why.. why didn't you tell me sooner? What's wrong with me? I try my best to impress you.. what do I need to change? What needs to happen for you to love me back?" She sobbed. Sonic took a deep breath before looking at me. "Amy.. I.. I'm gay. I don't like girls.."

She stopped and looked up at me, then at Shadow. "You.. youre gay? So there really is nothing I can do huh?" "I'm afraid so Amy. I'm so sorry you had to find out like this but I knew you couldn't rest easy if you didn't know." "Are.. Are you two dating?" She looked at both of us and our drinks. "Am I intruding on a date?" Me and Sonic looked at each other before locking hands. "Actually yeah... We are. Please don't tell anyone else, I'm not ready to come out yet." Her eyes widened before she pinched herself. "I.. I see. Well-" She brushed herself off and dried her eyes, offering a small smile tho I could tell it pained her. "I support you and Shadow to the fullest. I hope we may still be friends. And I see now the wrongdoings I have done. I'm sorry Sonic. I truly am. Thank you for telling me. I hope you and Shadow have a long and blessed life together. I would give you two a hug but I'm not sure if it's the right time." Sonic opened his arms and put them around Amy and squeezed softly. Against my better judgement, I joined the hug. We pulled away. "Thank you for understanding Amy. I really appreciate you keeping this a secret and for apologizing. It means a lot to us right Shadow?" "Y-yeah and I'm.." I swallowed my pride. "I'm sorry for grabbing you like that, I was just very upset that you kissed him and-" Amy cut me off. "No I understand. I would be upset if someone kissed my lover too. I hope we can put this behind us and be friends. I promise the secret is safe with me. Is it okay if when you guys do come out I make a cake to celebrate?" Sonic smiled, "That would be wonderful Amy. Thank you for accepting us. What flavor would you like?" Sonic asked, turning to me. "Chocolate" "Ooo I can make rainbow icing for the cake!" "That sounds great. Thank you again" She nodded before bowing, "And I'm sorry again for intruding. Have a good date you two!" She walked away. We sat back down on the sand and watched the sun go down.