|7| Stop being selfish for once

Eli liked this drawing a lot !!!

ugh..... third time changing the title and cover (Sorry, I keep changing song ideas)

OH MY GOD THIS FIC IS GETTING A LOT MORE ATTRACTION THAN I THOUGHT
thank you guys sm <3
my friend Shiho asked if I was going to add any smut and...
UH.
probably implied, but not going into detail (I guess the most would be just like... hot makeout scenes??? with warnings ofc)

(Warning: I only beta-read this twice when I usually do it like five times)

||TW, ANXIETY ATTACK & SLIGHT ED MENTION||
------

The prejudices that other nations created about him based on his background and people were despised by the USA. He detested them the more since, for the most part, they were true.

He scowled at the idea that Americans were "stupid". Additionally, he grimaced at the " late American" stereotype.

But there he was at 3:16 PM speedwalking, not able to recall whether the meeting started at three or four. Countries had to dress up for these meetings in either formal attire or their traditional attire. The untucked white button-up and baggy black sacks he was wearing were both ways too big for him.

Not to mention that he hadn't had any food for the last two days because none of the meals were to his liking.

He hurried along the seemingly endless hallway, making hasty attempts to alter his appearance. The elevator was thankfully empty when he finally arrived there.

He pressed the button of the floor that had the conference room and prayed (to whatever god was out there) for the best.

-

America was walking in circles when he noticed a clock in the hallway; he had seen it before. It read 3:38. How in the world could he still be lost after he had done this so many times before?

Then he remembered.

That map! He remembers seeing the map close to the clock! He gave himself a mental pat on the back and started moving again.

He eventually found a map on the ground along the way, so the clock was useless. He just wasn't paying attention. Oh, the clock. It was 3:58.

-

He heard the UN announce Colombia's name from behind the door. His tight face softened after a moment. Before turning the door doorknob, he made one final tweak to his attire.

He entered the conference room, embarrassed. His head was lowered, and the white lines on his face were red. He hurried to his seat.

He could once more feel those awful looks as the room fell silent.

In the same week, this happened twice.

"United States, would you mind explaining why you're late once more?" The monotonous, accent-free voice of the UN questioned.

He guessed his hair was probably still a mess. "Sir, my apologies."

"No, United States of America, I'm sorry," America swore that he could hear other nations muttering. "I'm sad that you don't think that the lives of other nations — and yourself — are important enough to show up at a meeting that's planned at a decent hour."

The voice of the UN was so loud that it made the USA cringe. "Please refrain from shouting, sir --"

"You have responsibilities, and I'm sick of your excuses. The mere fact that you're a superpower does not grant you complete freedom." UN reprimanded. "Stop being selfish for once, and concentrate on what you're meant to do."