Mistake?

Chris POV

I wake up with Lanas head on my chest, her arm around my waist, my arms wrapped around her. She is breathing steadily so I know she is still sleeping. I kiss her forehead which causes her to smile in her sleep. I slowly and gently move her over and slip out of bed.

As I walk past Aprils room and I hear her awake, I gently open her door and she turns and smiles at me.
"Good morning princess"
"Good morning Chris. Why are you here?"
"I stayed over to help mummy"
She nods "do you want some breakfast?"
"Yes please. Can I have pancakes?"

"Of course" she walks over to me and I pick her up and take her down stairs. Sitting her on the counter, she helps me to find all the ingredients for pancakes. I turn on some music very low so not to wake Lana.
"Chris?"
"Yes sweetheart?"
"Are you my daddy?"
Oh god what the hell do I say, how do I answer that.

"Yes he is baby" I turn and see Lana stood by the door frame. I smile when I see her and she smiles back. She walks over to April and picks her up.
"Do you remember me telling you I met your daddy when I was living in Boston?"
She nods "well it was Chris. But things got a little complicated so he didn't know I was pregnant with you. But he is here now and he wants to get to know you. Is that okay?"

April looks over at me and holds her hands out to me, I take her from Lana and she kisses my cheek. "Hi Daddy"
I can't help the tears that fill my eyes, I pull her close and hug her tight.
"Hi princess"
"Can we still have pancakes?"
I laugh "yes baby girl. I'll get on that right now"
She nods "mummy can I go watch TV"

Lana nods and April runs off.
"Good morning"
"Morning"
She walks over to me and smiles "she is a smart kid"
"Yeah I kind of gathered that. Thank you for telling her"
"Chris your her dad she deserves to know you as that"
I smile "Lana about last night"
"It's okay Chris. Don't worry about it. I was upset and you were comforting me"

"Is that really all it was?"
"Chris, you told me nearly 5 years ago you didn't love me. Why would that have suddenly changed?"
"Maybe I changed. Maybe I'm not a kid anymore and I realise that you made me happy"
She smiles "look chris, this is complicated. With April just finding out your her dad, me living here in New York and you being in Boston. Maybe now isn't a great time for this. Maybe we should just focus on April for now"

I couldn't help but feel my heartbreak slightly, I thought last night would have been a step forward for us but I guess she is right. We should be focused on April right now.
"Okay. But maybe once everything is settled I can take you out on a proper date"
"Maybe"
She grabs the plate of pancakes and we all sit at the table. April has a big sweet tooth and I can't help but laugh but she is just like me in every sense.

Once we have finished breakfast we all get dressed, Lana heads to the hospital while I run to my place to get changed. I then head to the hospital too. When I get there, Seb is sitting up and looking so much better.
"Hey man"
"Hey, how you feeling?"
"Better, doc gave me some pretty strong pain killers so I'm good"
"I'm glad. You gave us all a scare"
"I know"

April sits on the bed and smiles at Seb "uncle Seb"
"Yes princess"
"Did you know Chris was my daddy?"
Seb looks at me and Lana in shock and I can't help but laugh a little at his facial expression's.
"I did know that baby girl. Are you happy?"
She turns to look at me and smiles "I'm happy uncle Seb. He is a pretty cool daddy"
I can't help but smile smugly. She thinks I'm cool. I have a 4 year old daughter who thinks I'm cool.