Chapter 4

The lady in cornflower blue dress looks as angelic as ever

The lady in cornflower blue dress looks as angelic as ever. Her Sun-kissed red cheeks looks like she is blushing, reminding Malcolm of a fond memory.
Looking at her smiling face while enjoying the ice cream, Malcolm started to take a stroll into his memory lane.
One year ago
Mr. Lazarus Mandes, once a very prominent political figure of Pacheco Village, now the chairman of Mandes group of companies , walked straight inside the huge office building. He made his way to the office at the top floor and in front of the corner office. He pushed the large double door open which was the only remaining obstacle between him and his workaholic son. Who is right now sitting right across the room on his giant high back grey leather chair with the city view, provided by the glass wall at his background.

The 54 year old is very worried about his only son from whom he expects the insurance of the future generation of Mandes family

But although he is almost three decades old , he neither achieved any such feat nor is he trying.
So to take the future of Mandes family in his responsible hands, he has come to his son to give him an ultimatum.

Lazarus: I hope you enjoyed your birthday party last night.
Malcolm: Wow! Good to see you too dad. And thank you so much for wishing me happy birthday. He shrugged and said sarcastically.
Lazarus: look young man, no not so young man. I have raised you and gave you everything even before you asked. I didn't even interfere in your "personal" life . And in return asked you only one thing. So, when are you giving me the heir of Mandes family.
I haven't asked you for many , just one is enough. And after that I will not interfere in your work , I'll give the chairman seat to you and retire , and then raise my grandson. Is it so hard for you?

Malcolm: Dad , I am 28 not 82, I still have enough time to give you a grandson, besides I don't want to marry and bring trouble to my life so early.
Seriously can't I just give you a grandson without this marriage clause ? I don't need to get married in order to give you a grandchild you know?

Lazarus: Now , you know my condition, you can't just bring a child out of wedlock and expect me to make him my heir! I have a reputation to keep. I am a respected person of this city and people look upto me , so I can't make an illegitimate child the heir of Mandes family.

He sighed.

Lazarus: As expected you could not bring one decent woman whom you can marry. So you will do as I say. You will go to London and meet my college mate's daughter the heiress of Coelho Hotel Group .
Tiara Coelho is an intelligent and beautiful woman, right now she is pursuing her career as a very successful writer. But eventually she will be the one handling her company when her father Jacob Coelho retires in a few years. This relation will also prove to be immensely beneficial to expand our cruise business.
This Friday she is going to attend a three day Writers' Conference . On the next day she has her book signing event after the conference . You can meet her during or after the signing event on Saturday.
If you like her we can proceed or I have a few more candidates that I have selected for you. But so far she is the best I can offer, rest is upto you.

Malcolm: If you have already selected her then just proceed . I don't need to meet her, it doesn't matter to me me whom I marry.

Lazarus: It may not matter to you but it might to her. So do as I say. Go meet her.

Malcolm: Whatever, it's not like I will fall in love at first sight.
.....................................................................................
Malcolm
I spoke too soon. My mouth fell open at the sight before me. I never knew this stone like heart of mine can beat so fast.
I Malcolm Mandes the infamous Casanova of Panaji city, can't believe that after fiddling around with hundreds of women I will find someone who can actually melt my heart.
In front of me sitting on a chair surrounded by her supporters is the most purest and angelic woman I have ever seen. Her ebony loosely curled hair is covering her soft and delicate features partially. Her white dress makes her look as if she fell from heaven just now. My heart is beating crazily fast to see the ethereal beauty in front of me , making me nervous and full of cold sweat.
My feet which was walking confidently just a moment ago, has completely stopped due to the view in front.
I was lost in my own thoughts when suddenly she turned toward me and started to walk.

Luna: Hello I am Luna , you must be Mr. Mandes.
She hold her hand out for a handshake.

Come on Malcolm speak. She is standing right in front of you, say something . Anything.

She started to furrow her eyebrows as I couldn't speak.
The high and mighty Malcolm Mandes couldn't speak because of the presence of a mere woman. Wow! Who could have thought. But of course any of the women I met before were not women enough to affect me in any way.
The angel in front of me started waving her hand as if saying 'hello any one there'!
I let go of the breath that I didn't know I was holding and finally spoke.
Malcolm: Hello Ms. Luna I am looking for Ms. Tiara.
Hearing me speak she smiled widely. Gosh I am not sure what good deed did I do to receive such a beautiful sight.
My lips automatically turned upward following her like an idiot.
She shook her head and said,
Luna: Tiara is my other name I go by Luna. I am the same person you are looking for.

Malcolm: oh!

Luna: My father informed me about your arrival. Let's talk over lunch , shall we?

Malcolm: Sure.

....................................................................................

Luna: Umm .... I don't know how to say it, but you and I both know the purpose of our meeting, so I want to be truthful to you.

She took a deep breath before speaking again.

Look I know our parents want us to get married as soon as possible but I believe that a marriage should me based on love and not business.

Malcolm: I understand, but we can fall in love after we get married, can't we?

Luna: Mr. Mandes you are a businessman aren't you?

Malcolm: Yes I am.

Luna: So before you finalise an important deal , do you not research about the project and understand it properly 'BEFORE' you sign the deal?

Malcolm: Yes I do. Then will you agree for the marriage if we get to know each other?

Luna: Yes I will , if I find us compatible and if not love but at least understand and like each othe...

Malcolm: Then I will make sure to make you fall in love with me , just as I have fallen in love with you at the very first sight.

Luna's face turned beet red in Malcolm's sudden confession. Very much like how her face is looking right now, but the reason is completely different.

Malcolm: Is it good?

He asked pointing at the ice cream.
Luna nodded her head in yes with a small smile on her face.

' Don't you worry my love , I will make you fall in love with me again and this time there won't be any fault.' Malcolm decided.