Chapter 5

Time and Money both are valuable . If you think carefully, one earns money at the price of time, on the other hand, one's time is given to others at the price of money.

While one might be able to earn unlimited money no one can buy unlimited time. So naturally as the less available resource Time is much valuable than Money to some , these kind of people show their love to their beloved by giving them time. At the same time money is acquired by spending precious time, so that it can provide the necessities. For these kind of people money is more important than their time. And they show their love by spending their money on their beloved.

So now tell me which one will you rather have as a gift , to prove someone's love for you?

How can someone prove their love?
I think only the eyes of a lover can prove their love to their beloved if they know how to read them.
~ Luna Coelho

'My love' that is how Malcolm calls me. I can see he loves me and the effort he makes for me has not gone unnoticed either.
But why can't I feel the same love for him that I feel for Alex.

Alex ... I don't even know if he is alive or not, sometimes I doubt if he is even real , I have asked everyone I could find , but no one seems to know a person with that name.
So I asked Malcolm if he knows any of my friends, to which he replied "I am not sure if you have any friends other than Rebeca and Teressa. At least none I know about".
Mrs. Coelho said my brain is confusing me there is no Alex .
Then why do I have these vivid memories of him.
Memories like him confessing his love to me. Asking me to be his girlfriend.
Memory of our first kiss in a rose garden.
Is walking while holding hands and lacing our fingers together.
How can I remember these things if it never happened.
Me crying because I broke my project which I worked on all night by accident. And him wiping my tears away and fixing it together while skipping lunch.
How can I have memories of a person who doesn't exist.
Mrs Coelho gets furious even if she hears me asking someone about him. Why would it affect her if there is no Alex. It make me to suspect her all the more.
....................................................................................
Teressa: Come on Miss T , how long will you sit and read that book. Let's go to the kitchen. Dr. Bose told you to do the things you used to do. And if there's anything besides writing that you liked to do was cooking .
Rebeca:  Exactly! Let's make your favourite Goan Dodol . I think I remember the recipe a little.

The twins helped Luna to the kitchen and made her sit on the chair next to the kitchen island.

Rebeca: So

Rebeca: So .. we need flour, .... Milk ..... jaggery..... cashews and almonds.

Luna looked at the ingredients and smiled to see their failed attempt.

Teressa: why doesn't it smell the same .
She frowned.
Rebeca did a little taste test using a spoon.

Rebeca: Hmm... It doesn't taste the same either. Where did we go wrong?