Chapter 2

Miss. T the car is waiting for us let's go. Rebeca said.
Luna: wait I'll be out in a minute. She said from the washroom.
After changing her clothes she wanted to check the mirror.
But when she looked at the mirror she screamed to see the figure in the mirror , she can't recognise her own reflection.
Luna
What happened to my face .
My body, my face, why do I look so much different...
Teressa started banging the door.
Teresa: is everything alright Miss. T ?
Why are you screaming , please open the door. She said worried.
Luna: Teressa why am I looking like this ? my face , my body , my hairstyle everything looks different. She said after opening the door.
Teressa: Relax Miss.T maybe due to the long coma you look different but in my eyes you don't look much different.
Luna: No you don't understand I look like I have slept for years not months.
Which month is it ?
Teressa: It's July.
Luna : so it has been 10 months not six. But still it doesn't make sense . Look at my b** .. I mean upper body I look so mature also my entire appearance looks years older .
Teressa: hahaha... Miss.T you are so funny. May be you gained a little weight while sleeping for so long. But it has been six months only , you had the accident on December.
' That night was my birthday and it was August not December' she reminded herself.
Luna: so you are saying this is July 2012 , no it should be 2013.
Teressa: N..no it's 2022 Miss.T . She looked at her with a confused look .
Luna: haha.. you're joking right? Teressa shakes her head no.
Luna sits more like fall on the floor with her head in both hands.
' 10 years ... it has been 10 years from that night. She shakes in fear.
Oh no Alex , where is my Alex, where can I find him now. She thinks with tearful wide eyes.
Maybe Teressa knows where he is.
Maybe Malcolm is Alex . Maybe he changed his name just like me. Yes , I can't loose hope just yet.
It doesn't make sense that I'll marry some other guy who's not Alex.
Her mind was flooding with questions and possibilities and confusion. She doesn't remember anything, how will she find the answers to all these questions.
Luna: Teressa, do you know where Alex is ?
Teressa: Alex? No Miss.T I don't know anyone named Alex. May be you should ask madam she will surely know.
'No I can't let them know that I remember my past well some portion of it. I have to ask without making them doubt me'. She thought.
Luna: Teressa, do you have Malcolm's picture? Can you show me?
Teressa: Sorry Miss .T I don't have his picture with me, but you can meet him when he comes to see you at home. I understand you are eager. She smiled at her in a teasing manner. For now let's go everyone is waiting for you.
....................................................................................
Luna
When I sat in the car , I could not wait any longer. I desperately wanted to find about any information related to Alex. I thought I'll ask someone but I had to be careful I can't afford them to know I remember. So I ask as normally as possible to the only person available and who might know about Alex, Maria Coelho aka "Mom".
Luna: ummm.. Hey Mom , I was trying to remember anything I could but this name came to my mind and I was wondering if you know this person.
Maria: Really! That's great sweetie it could be a sign that you are recovering. Tell me whose name do you remember? She asked with a hopeful smile in her face.
Luna: Alex.... Do you know him? Who is he ?
Maria's face went pale as if she saw a ghost as soon as she heard the name. I can clearly tell she knows this name but she instantly became stern and said
" No there is no one called Alex in our life".
Now I am sure she knows Alex but how will I find out! My heart is getting restless. I need answers ASAP.
Maria: Look honey why don't you just relax and when we reach home and you freshen up a bit we will talk about this , okay! Just don't stress yourself. I'll answer all your questions. But first let's reach home and get you settled.
'So I was right she does know about Alex. I guess I have to be patient and wait and see what she has to say. I can't blow my cover by getting too bothered.
......................................................................................
Malcolm on phone:
Is she really awake? Are you sure?
Robert: of course I am sure, I have even discharged her from the hospital.
Malcolm: Is she alright? H how is her health, she is stable right? Does she have trouble to move aroun..
Robert: Yes yes she is fine Mr. Mandes she still needs a bit of help with walking but...
Malcolm: But what? What are you not telling me? What are you hiding?
Robert: I am not hiding anything , I was about to tell yo..
Malcolm: Tell me what?
Robert: Oh for the love of God Malcolm let me finish what I started to say.
Malcolm: okay.
Robert: she lost all her memories.
She doesn't remember anything at all and also she is not very stable mentally.
This accident is taking a toll on her mind. I don't know how much will she be able to remember and when.
Malcolm: Oh I see... Robert contact the best psychiatrist of the country, My Tiara should get the best treatment available.
Robert: Okay Mr. Mandes, I will also send her the physical therapist to help rehabilitate her movements.
Malcolm, everything will be fine . Just be with her and create new memories . It is alright if she can't remember .
Malcolm: Thanks Man!
......................................................................................

At Coelho VillaMaria: Hello Doctor Pao , this is Maria Coelho speaking

At Coelho Villa
Maria: Hello Doctor Pao , this is Maria Coelho speaking.
Pao: Yes Mrs. Coelho, tell me how can I help you?
Maria: As I informed you before, Tiara has come out of her coma.
We brought her back home. She can't remember anything . How she got into the accident, she can't even remember any of us.
Pao: Hmm.. she might be suffering from amnesia. I think we need to observe her a few more days and then decide what to do further.
Maria: Yes I understand, but the problem is she remembers Alex.
She did not say what and how much she remembers about him but she wanted to know who he is.
Do you think I should start giving her sedatives?
Pao: Hmm... I see , Mrs. Coelho I will suggest not to give any sedative to her just yet. She came out of coma recently and it could be dangerous for her at this moment.
For now you have to make some excuses or just make something up.
You have to see how much she remembers.
Maria: Okay Doctor.
Pao: You can contact me whenever you need help.