𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫...? (𝐌𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐫𝐢)

((504 words))
----------------------------------------------------

--(Mary's POV)--

"Hello, Mary."

I turn to look behind me at the recognizable voice. It's the Vice President. Following me, again...

"Ugh, what the hell do you want!?"

Even though she's wearing a mask, I can tell she's smiling underneath it.

"No need to be so aggressive Mary... and don't worry, I'm not here to follow you,"

She pauses and takes off her creepy mask. Low and behold, she's smirking.

"Not this time, anyways."

Her presense intimidates me, so I try to keep a "cool" denemore.

"Well then, why are you here?"

God, did I blush? I hope not.

"Am I not allowed to walk around my own school? If anything, I should be asking you why you're here."

True. But I hate it when other people prove me wrong, so I stick to the tsundere act.

"Well... I was just saying!"

I cross my arms like a two year old.

"Geez..."

Ririka is silent for a moment, as if she was processing what to say next. She takes a step forwards.

"Did you gamble with Yumeko today by any chance...?"

I look away and roll my eyes.

"No, I don't gamble with her 24/7, ya know!"

I don't know why, but meeting her gaze is hard, and somehow I can't accomplish it. I bite my lip instead, waiting for an answer. But I get none. I take a quick glance at her, and somehow she's gotten closer to me without making a sound. I recoil back, as she is rather close to me.

My face starts to feel warm. Fuck.

"Wa-wah?! What are you doing?!"

She gives me a small grin and answers;

"I just heard someone lost a huge amount of money today..."  She giggles, and it's surprisingly cute. "I just wanted to see if your pockets were empty."

Somehow, I can't help but snort at that true joke.

"Pfft... yeah, she does rather do that alot.." I look up at her, it's hard, but I manage.

"Why did you want to know that, anyways...?" I inquire.

The platinium-haired girl blinks and shrivels back into her normal, insecure, "without a mask" self. This time it's her who looks away.

"O-oh...well...I was just..."

I roll my eyes and and take a couple steps forwards. Ririka instinctively cowards back, her body pressed against the school wall.

I knew she could easily hear my own heart that was throbbing in my throat. Her eyes are wide in surprise, but I don't change my inpatient expression.

"What was that, Vice President?~..."

There's a hint of tease in my voice. She blushes and her own face lights up like a lantern.

"I j-just wanted to k-know if..." She nuzzles her face into my shoulder. It's muffled, but I can still hear her.

"Would you want to go out for dinner...?"

I hesitate in confusion for a second, then smile and pat her head.

"Of course, dummy."

((End.))