𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐭'𝐬 𝐇𝐢𝐞𝐫 (𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐱 𝐘/𝐧) Pt.1

A/n: Happy New Year's everyone! Hope everyone had a brilliant first week of 2023! ^-^ Tysm for 2k reads, it means so much to me to know that other people enjoy my writing 🥹 Enjoy~! -Ritoru

((1173 words.))
------------------------------------------------------------

--(Third Person's POV)--

It was just one time, a minor slip up.

It was just a couple million yen, barely anything.

It was just a sketchy back-alley casino, the kind where everyone would give you nasty glares and (or) crooked, menacing smiles.

But so what? That didn't matter, apparently. Not to the students of Hyakkaou Private Academy.

According to them, if your bloodline is a fuck up, then so are you.

God damnit. Why did Y/n's parents have to be the fuck ups?

•••

Wednesday, April 7th. The day Y/n's parents were sent to rehab. It was just a few days untill spring break ended, Y/n was coming home from work- a small Cafe down her street- when she approached her house to be faced with flashy blue and red lights and the telltale static of a walkie-talkie. Two police officers were standing by her house's front doors, another two walking out of the house with people in cuffs. Y/n froze. Swallowed. Squinted.

Was this real? Or just a dream?

Alas, it was not. Her parents were indeed being pulled away from her home into a police car. Y/n's mother caught her eye at the last second- her face shifting from horrified, to remorseful. Y/n's head buzzed. She told herself that,

Oh please. You knew that this was bound to happen eventually. Two gambling addicted freaks would never be able to raise a kid properly. Now look, here comes an officer. Don't act surprised. You knew this would happen inevitably.

The officer cleared his throat before he spoke.

"Hello, there. Are you Y/n L/n?"

The girl nodded.

"Hm. Alright then. Well, as you might have noticed, your parents have been arrested on the account that they couldn't pay their debt for about 4 million yen. This has been going on for awhile.. and my team is currently sending them to rehabilitation due to...addiction."

The man spoke the last word as if it was like a curse.

"As a final wish...they wanted to send you to a school." He shook his head. "Here, just read this, I'm sure it'll make more sense."

The police officer handed Y/n a folded piece of paper. Y/n took the paper, unfolding it and immediately recognizing her mother's handwriting. Small, but sloppy.

Y/n,

First of all, I want to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry I couldn't be a better mother for you and I'm sorry you had to grow up with such shitty parents. We are addicts and I'm sure you know that by now. Your father and I want to send you to a school that will teach you to be better gamblers than us so that at least if you become addicts like ourselves you'll be good at it. CFS has the fees covered and some money is already in your bank account. Dorms are also payed for.