thirteen

Surprise surprise yo!.
Elijah's POV

I watched the girl walk away from me. I shut my eyes and leaned against the wall to take deep breaths. The injury hurts but not as much as it should. One of the dumb kids in our football team ran into me and opened the injury again. Of course he didn't know what he had done but I couldn't let anyone see me like this.

No one was supposed to notice me but somehow the new girl did. She was beautiful. Mixed color skin and curly hair. That look in her eyes... those eyes that hides behinds those glasses. I could literally see through and see her innocence and honesty. Cardia was honest... I just knew it.

She had baby face that screamed innocence but I wasn't sure. No lady has ever gotten that close to me except Dylan. Oh crap, Dylan, I was supposed to have gone to meet her over three hours ago. I looked up at the dark sky realized how much time had gone by. Did I just spend over three hours thinking about a girl?.

Hurriedly I got up and picked my phone to text someone to bring my bag home for me. I hope I'm not too late. I hope Dylan is okay. I made my way from the back of the school to where cars were parked and I saw Dylan sitting on a bench. She was in a white tank top. She loved the color white. She sat with her back straight everything would have looked a bit more normal if not for the lighter she was playing with.

I watched her put on the lighter and used her fingers to play with the fire and my heart got caught in my throat. I walked faster till I stood directly in front of her. Her eyes were down and she didn't acknowledge me. She's angry. "Dylan" I called and she looked up directly into my eyes.

Dylan's eyes looked dead. This was exactly what I was afraid of, the light in her eyes were missing, her beautiful brown eyes looked dead. I sighed and crouched in front of her. "I'm sorry" I said and tucked a wisp of brown hair behind her delicate ear. "Where were you?" She asked and I wanted to lift my shirt to show her my injury. "I waited for you for almost three hours" she said and my desire to show her the injury disappeared.

"I'm sorry" I repeated and stood up. I held out my hand for her to hold. Dylan stared up at me and I could see anger in her eyes. It was the only spark in her eyes. "I want her gone" she said, "who?" I asked. I was willing to do anything to see some light in her beautiful eyes. "I want Cardia gone" she said and I nodded. "I'll take care of that" I said and she held my still stretched out hand and stood up.

I took off my jacket to put on her shoulder. I followed her to my car and opened her side of the door before going to the driver's seat. "I love you forever Eli" she said and I smiled, "I know Dy, I love you too" I said and drove off.

Back to Cardia's POV

I opened the door of the house and ended the call I was having with aunt Jade. As soon as I opened the door, I was hugged. "Juanita" I said with shock. "Oh baby!. We were worried about you" she said and pat my cheek. "You look so thin" she said and dragged me to the kitchen.

"Eat" she ordered and started to serve me dinner. "Jua-" I tried to talk but she pat my cheek. "Poor child, I wonder how much energy you lost" she said and brought out her hankey to wipe real tears. "Oh Juanita" I said, feeling loved that someone cares. "Eat darling" she urged me and I obeyed. "Where were you?" I heard Alexander's voice and I turned to look at him.

He had his gun in his hand and a scowl on his face. "I-" my throat went dry as he approached me. I was terrified of the gun in his hand. "You made Juanita worried all day long" he said as he kept approaching. His frown deepened when he noticed that I was frozen in my seat. "Do I scare you?" He asked and I shook my head no. "Your gun..." I said and went dumb again. I swear I want to say more but my throat stopped functioning.

"A guy shot me once before" I said and he looked at his gun. "I will never hurt you" he said and tucked it into the waistband of his shorts. "Because I'm your daughter?" I asked hopefully. "Because I don't hurt women and children" he said and turned back to leave. I ran to hug him again. This time again he shrugged me off. "What is your problem child" he growled at me. "I just want to make sure you're okay, I'm glad you're feeling better enough to worry about me" I said with a bright smile. Without a reply, he walked away.

"Good night Alex" I said but got nothing in reply. I went back to my meal and saw Juanita smiling. "You don't give up do you?" She asked and I shook my head, "I do give up but I feel God backing me up on this one" I said.

*****
So far .... What do you think? Please comment 🙏