twenty seven

Cardia's POV

I woke up in the hospital. I didn't have to open my eyes to know that I was in a hospital. The sound of machines beeping and the smell that filled the Air informed me well enough. I opened my eyes, my throat felt dry. I looked and saw Alex sleeping beside me. He sat on a chair and rested him head on the bed, using his arms as pillow. "Alex.... I'm thirsty" I whispered and he woke with a s start. "You're awake" he said and rubbed his eyes, he looked so relieved. "Water" I said and he stood up quickly, going to get water for me to drink.

I felt a lot more alive as I took the water. "Thank you" I smiled at him. "You were out for three days, I was so scared but I kept praying" he said and I smiled, "you prayed for me?" I asked and he nodded. "I was dying and it wasn't God's will. I saw mama, but it wasn't Mama. She was going to take me away but you were there and you saved me" I told him of my 'dream' and he sighed. "Saving you is what I want to do for the rest of my life but I ain't no savior" he said looking sad.

"No you're not but you can come to the savior and he'll save us both, like he has been doing so far" I said and held his hand. "He gave you back... When I called his name in prayer... The heart monitor started to beep again". He let out a breathy laughter as he told me what happened with him too. "I thought I was going to loose you, Stormy, my heart" He rested his head against mine and the both of us cried. "It's not a pleasurable situation but I'm happy. You're finally free from your mother's influence. You can be happy" I said and he nodded, laughing like a free man.

"Can I come in?" A feminine voice said and I saw Dylan at the door. "Dylan woods...what are you doing here?" I asked as she walked in. She looked ethereal as usual but she didn't seem cold like she used to feel. "I needed to apologize to you, for hurting you and giving you up to those people to hurt you. I have no excuse and I'm ready to...." She started to say but I smiled at her. "Is this Dylan Woods having the Cardia effect too?" I said and she rolled her eyes.

"Don't rub it in my face" she said and I laughed. "I'm happy, Dylan I know you've been hurt a lot but you can heal and can also help others heal" I said and she nodded. "I'm also moving away to a far place, I want to start over" she said, "you're only a teenager" I reminded her and she smiled. "I have connections, I'll be okay. Please take care of my brother" she said and stood up, "thank you for loving him" she added and said good bye before leaving.

"She bullied you too?" Alex asked and I smiled back at him. "Just how much trouble did you endure at school?" He asked and I laughed, "enough to have a strong Cardia effect on the hurt people. You're one of them" I said and pat his head. "Hey!" He brushed my hand away lightly, both of us laughing. A knock on the door distracted us and we turned towards the door. Aunt Caroline ran into the room and literally pushed Alex away to hug me. "Aunt Caroline!" I exclaimed as soon as I saw her "You're okay! Thank God!" She sobbed. "Mr Sterling" I heard aunt Rissa voice and I smiled at her, let both of them hug me and fawn over me. We talked for about ten minutes with Alex sitting down and looking awkward. After some minutes, aunt Toni joined us. It was a family reunion.

After some while, aunt rissa cleared her throat. "Mr sterling, You know what to do" she said and Alex stood up. "What do you mean? What's going on?" I asked fearfully. "I want to come into your life fully but I've got too much baggages" Alex said and used his hand to push back my curls. "So I've decided to..." He said and I realized what he wanted to do. He was turning himself in. "No" I said and aunt Caroline hugged me to shut me up. Dad turned and I saw Elijah at the door. "Do you like my daughter?" Dad asked and Elijah nodded, "I love her with all my life" he replied. "You guys are only children, how do you know you love her?" Dad asked and Elijah bowed his head, he didn't have response. "Protect her, Don't make her do anything she doesn't want to do and when she wants to do things she's not supposed to do.. stop her. Don't hurt her. Wait for her, be patient with her" Dad said and Elijah nodded. "I will" he said.

He then turned to look at me. "Please..." I sobbed. "You'll be fine, five years and I'm out" he kissed my forehead before bringing out a cross from his pocket and hung it around my neck. It was his amulet. "You'll hold on for me won't you?" He asked and I shook my head still crying. "I love you Stormy" he whispered, "I'm glad you came into my life and turned it upside down just like a real storm" he said and police men entered the room and I grabbed his arm. "Storm you have to let go" he said, "no please don't take him away" I said to the police men. "you have to let go" he pulled his hand away and Aunt Caroline had to hold me down.

Alexander's POV

The police men handcuffed me and led me out while my daughter screamed. "No! Let me go" she cried and I had to stop myself from going back in there with her, running away to another continent. "Daddy!" She shouted and I looked back to see her reaching out for me. I had to ask them to let me go to her for some minutes, she hugged me and I rested my chin on her head. "I love you Daddy" she said before letting go. "I'll visit you every day and remember that even if I'm not there. You're not alone" she said and I nodded. "I'll read my Bible everyday too" I said, knowing that that was what will make her happy. "swear it?" She asked and I laughed, "I swear" I said. "Okay" she said and moved back. The police men turned me around and took me out. I smiled to myself, admiring how strong that little girl already is.

My Cardia.

*
*
*
Phew .....sorry about the cringe 😙.
Vote, comment and share.
Ilysm