twenty four

Elijah POV
As soon as school ended, I walked over to see my sister. She had been looking at me all day long. She wasn't saying anything just smiling at me with this spark in her eyes. I know how dangerous my sister can be but I just can't think of what she must have done this time around.

"Dy I need to talk to you for some minutes" I said when I got to where she sat with her friends. "Oh Eli, we'll talk but not now" she replied with a sweet smile on her face. I had to only look into her eyes to know that, her sweet smile was not so sweet. "Bye Eli, I love you" she said and stood up. Her friends also stood up to follow her. I shrugged, after all I've tried my best.

I left school with the mind of going to see Cardia. I wanted to fill her in on the issue with my sister. On getting to her place, I contemplated entering by the window but changed my mind when I realized that it's easier to provoke her dad if I go in by the door.

I knocked and waited for answer by the door. "Cardia it's me Elijah" I said and knocked again. Suddenly the door was opened and I was knocked to the floor. "What the.." I started to protest as strong arms grabbed me by the collar, yanking me up, "where is my daughter?" Alexander Sterling screamed in my face. "What?" I asked in confusion.

****Morning****
Cardia's POV

I got dressed for my daily activity and went down to look for my dad. I went to knock on his door but got no response, I then opened and entered, the room was empty. I searched everywhere he could probably be but couldn't find him. I went down to the kitchen and saw a note on the door.

'storm I got a call and had to leave for a while, I'll be home soon. Love you'

The note read, sighing, I went to eat my breakfast and waited for my teacher to arrive. I eventually got a text informing me that she won't be available. So I went back to my room and took a nap. It was about two hours later when I heard movements in the house and I knew that Alex must be home.

Alex's POV

My mother called me this morning. She wanted to see me and finalize the plan of me producing an heir but of course she wanted Cardia out of the way, which is something I will never agree to. That girl is my sanity and my whole lifes joy. I told my mother that I would not give her up. Mother said nothing, she only dismissed me.

I went home to be alone, I walked straight to my 'alone' room and picked up my gun and started to shoot. When I'm upset, it's the only thing I know how to do. I shot till all the bullets were wasted. I went to the inbuilt bar and opened a bottle of Scotch. I sat on my bed and started to drink straight from the bottle. "Alex?" I heard a voice from the door and didn't even bother to answer.

"Alex, I know you're in there" Cardia said. I hate that name 'Cardia', it felt like she was eating up the darkness in my heart. Like she was becoming my own heart with every moment I spend with her and I wasn't ready. Letting her in is equivalent to killing her. I want her but I can't keep her. "I'm coming in" she said and entered the room. How does she always enter?. The room was dark and I saw her feel the wall to find the light switch. "Alex!" She screamed and ran to me when she saw me. I looked at her and felt pain.

She took my bottle from me as she sobbed. "Why are you doing this? You're stronger than this" she said and put the bottle down. "Cardia you have to go, she's coming" I said with a slur in my speech, it couldn't possibly be the drink, I have not even taken that much. "I'm not leaving you, I'm not scared of her" she said boldly. The little lioness was roaring. "Don't you know drinking kills? I don't want to loose you" she said and I hugged her. Resting my head on her stomach. "I wish I wasn't your father, I wish..." I trailed off. "We'll get through this, in the meanwhile, please hold on for me" she said and I lurched forward, retching. "I'll get a bucket" she said and ran to get a bucket.

I bent over and vomited into the bucket when she got back. My body was feeling weak and I passed out. I went in and out of consciousness. I could hear her voice calling me. "Please stay with me..." She said and I opened my eyes. "Poisoned..." I said and she started to cry. "They poisoned me..." I said. "Just like Mama" she replied and held my hand. "Jesus please, don't let my father die. I am asking you to spare him... " Was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.
*
*
*
*
Ohh