Gone All Along

I recognized that voice. I had heard it chuckle as it took my mother and crack a joke when it took my father. I turned around to face the hooded creature. It's red eyes bulged from under the dark hood. Scott reached for my wrist to pull me back but his prying fingers went right through mine. I had melted into the shape that I usually assumed. Scott stammered.
"What the hell? What the hell is happening?" Scott asked recoiling backwards.
"Leave them. Come back to where you belong." The hooded figure rasped.
"What do they mean? Nani?" Stiles asked. Instead of me, Lydia spoke up.
"S-She's supposed to be dead. H-Her soul e-escaped and d-death has pursued her ever since." I was shocked. Even I didn't remember that much. That night where my mom was taken.. What happened after the darkness fell.
"Her soul can't keep wandering. It must return home...." The figure opened it's cloak. Light flooded out and destroyed the shadows and nipped at my exposed ankles. It pulled at my sweatpants and tugged me forward. Tears filled my eyes as I looked backwards.
"I'm sorry. But I do agree." Stiles opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off. "It's time I be going." I smiled dimly at the 4 friends, all huddled together, whimpering and shaking.
"See you on the other side." I whispered. I walked back into the light and heard Lydia's scream of anguish as I left the world for good.