080

Chapter Eighty: ( tragedy at oak creek )

Chapter Eighty:
( tragedy at oak creek )

After Scott made a quick call to Kira, telling her about what Meredith told them, they unfortunately did have to make a pitstop to Eichen House to return Meredith before the police got involved and they all got charged with kidnapping her. Once she was behind the walls of Eichen House, they were headed to the place that Scott said he was sure that the Nogitsune had taken Lydia.

According to the story that Noshiko had told him, it was in a old and abandoned place in town called Oak Creek, he said it used to be an internment camp just 70 years ago.

As they were making their way there, Annabeth was looking down at her phone. She had multiple missed calls from her dad, she knew she should've answered them, but she knew that it was just gonna be him telling her to go back home and stay out of everything. So, she put her phone on do not disturb and shoved it deep into the pocket of khakis she loaned from Stiles.

"Are you okay?" Stiles asked Scott in the front seat, making her lift her head up.

"Yeah." Scott replied, but his answer didn't sound genuine. "Yeah. You don't have to worry about me."

All right. I'll say it." Isaac spoke up beside her in the backseat, "You look like you're dying."

"Isaac!" Annabeth punched him, again.

"Ow!" Isaac groaned, "Would you stop hitting me? I'm just saying what everyone else is too afraid of saying out loud. You're pale, thin, and you look like you're getting worse." He rubs the spot on his arm that she hit him, "And we're all sitting here thinking it. When we find the other you, is gonna look like he's getting better?"

"What happens if he gets hurt?" Scott questioned, looking at Stiles who was facing forward as he one-handed the steering wheel.

"You mean if he dies, do I?" Stiles corrected him gravely, "I don't care."

Annabeth looked at him, her eyes growing in dismay. "What do you mean you don't care, Stiles? Y--You should care."

"Well, I don't, Anna." He replied to her, his tone bleak and shocking her into silence. "Just so long as no else dies because of me. I remember everything I did. I remember pushing that sword into you, Scott." His voice trembles just a bit, "I remember twisting it."

"It wasn't you." Scott attempts to assure him, "It wasn't either of you." He says, looking back at Annabeth who's eyes were brimming with tears.

"Yeah, but I remember it." Stiles replies, "And I bet Anna remembers what she did to Kira." The blue eyed girl doesn't dare to speak, but a tear does slip down her cheek as she gets a memory of herself slamming Kira's head into the table and knocking her out. "You guys gotta promise me. You can't let anyone else get hurt because of me."