{Chapter 10}

{finale} {homophobia}
{last chapter guys!!!}

"Are you a homosexual?" A small girl asks "a- pff- what?" Jacob sputters astonished "are you, Mr. Jacob, a homosexual" she asks again "well yeah, I'd say more.. uhhh bi.. sexual? Pan? I dunno I'm still figuring it out" Jacob responds nervously. She stares at him blankly for a few seconds then says "that's gross, Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve Mr. Jacob" she scoffs and walks off, *what just happened?* Jacob thinks to himself.

Jacob walks to the docks with a small group of campers "alright who's ready to learn how to capsize a boat?" Jacob asks clapping his hands together, the kids all scream with excitement "alright! That's what I like to hear!" Jacob laughs "no, you like to hear boys screaming your name" says a voice from the back, Jacob turns "excuse me?-" "you heard me, your gay, a fa-" "THAT'S ENOUGH OF THAT!" Jacob laughs "go see Kaitlyn. You're not participating if you're going to act like that" Jacob adds sternly.

After 20mins into the activities Kaitlyn comes down "Jacob! I need to talk to you for a quick sec!" "Ok! I'll be down!" Jacob responds "ok you guys know what to do?" He turns to the campers "Yes!" "Good" Jacob walks over to Kaitlyn. "Did you hit Emera?" Kaitlyn asks "who?" Jacob responds, Kaitlyn points over to the girl hiding behind a tree, Jacob recognises her immediately "oh no I didn't hit her, I sent her up to you because she was being homophobic and disruptive" Jacob says "she was what?" Kaitlyn inquires somewhat agitated, Jacob recounts everything that Emera had said. "Emera. Back to the lodge. Now." Kaitlyn demands, Emera runs off to the lodge "I'm so sorry Jacob" Kaitlyn adds "eh it's cool" Jacob responds.

{time skip; evening}
"Where's Jacob? He's usually here by now" Dylan inquires slightly worried "hopefully he's not crying his eyes out alone again" Ryan adds equally as worried, they walk out of the cabin and go looking for Jacob. After a while they see a group of campers out after lights out, as they get closer they see them hitting something with large sticks "what is that?" Dylan whispers "fuck that's Jacob" Ryan whispers realising "HEY! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" Ryan shouts walking towards the kids, the kids bolt "KILLING A MISTAKE!! HES A F*****!!!!" They shout as they run. "What a bunch of dick bags" Ryan mumbles before going to Jacob's aid with Dylan "hey jakey-boy, wake up buck-o" Dylan says patting Jacob on the side of his face, Jacob, from his face all the way down to his ankles he's covered in scratches and cuts from the sticks he was being whipped with. Jacob trembles at Dylan's touch "shit we need to get him to first aid" Dylan says trying to lift Jacob "here let me help" Ryan adds lifting Jacob's ankles.

Ryan and Dylan struggle but manage to get Jacob into a bed at first-aid and lie him down, Jacob trembles and jolts in his sleep as if he's still being hit. A few hours pass before Jacob jolts awake "wha- huh?" "Jacob! You alright bud?" Dylan asks worryingly "I'm... no, I'm not.. fuck. Everything's fucked now" Jacob replies slumping into Dylan's arms starting to cry "I didn't.. I didn't think shit would go so far downhill from just admitting to being.. gay you know?" Jacob adds clinging to Dylan's shirt "all those kids have been banned if that helps" Ryan buts in "and camp is almost over, so we can hang out at cafés and go on little cute boyfriend dates" Ryan adds sitting next to Jacob with a chuckle, Ryan ruffles Jacob's hair as he lifts his head from Dylan's shoulder "yeah, that'd be.. nice, I'd like that, we can each hold one of Dylan's hands! That way neither of them get cold!" Jacob replies with his big dumb grin.

{time skip; after camp}
"Where the hell are these two dumbos?" Ryan asks himself while waiting outside a near café then he sees Jacob and Dylan walking towards the cafe, gifts in hand "ah there they are; dumb and dumber" Ryan sighs happily "you know it!" Jacob cheers. They head inside to enjoy a cute little boyfriend date and those kids were NEVER SEEN AGAIN.