1

We are just gonna hope right into it -Daw n

When the world began, there were two goddesses. One of life, and one of death. With their power combined, they created the world and blessed the people of Earth with powers of their own. In Esempi state, there are three districts Gazania, Iris, and Tansy, respectively. District one is where the rich and the heroes (and villains) reside. District two is where the neutral ground is between heroes and villains. Finally, district three is the place where those who can’t afford to live in the higher districts go to live.

Isabella Schlatt, a girl who is anything but ordinary, living an ordinary life in district three, as most people with powers they don’t want do. Her pale emerald green eyes flickered over to the door of the bakery as the bell rang. A grin spread across her face as a tall boy with brown hair approached the counter.

“Wilbur! How is my favorite customer?” Isabella asked him as she began making his regular order, a black coffee with two pumps of espresso with a chocolate doughnut. 

“I’m doing quite well today, Isa. What time do you get off work?” Wilbur asked his friend with a strong British accent.

“You know what time I get off, Wil. We do this every time you come in here.” Isabella told him, handing his order over and giving him back his change.

“I know. See you in ten minutes!” Wilbur grinned, going over to his usual booth that he, and sometimes his younger brother, sat at.

Isabella simply just shook her head and went back to closing up the shop. This was an ordinary day in the life of Isabella Scott. Serving customers and hanging out with her friends, mostly Wilbur. Once the shop was closed, Wilbur drove Isabella home just as he always did. She thanked the boy driving with a kiss on the cheek before entering the door of the apartment complex. 

Isa entered the shared apartment that housed both herself and her older brother. The apartment was empty but it was clear that her brother had been there recently as the TV was still playing the news. Isabella curiously walked over to the TV and sat down, watching the battle that was on the news between some of the biggest hero and villain names of their time. 

“Do be sure to steer clear of downtown Tansy, as the battle between number one hero, Zephyrus, and number one villain, Morpheus has moved from district one to that area.” The news reporter's voice spoke from the TV.

Isabella had barely paid attention to the names. Everyone in the three districts knew of them. Zephyrus is the number one hero with his huge crow wings and his ability to manipulate the wind. Morpheus is the top villain with his ability to create personalized nightmarish illusions for those he comes in physical contact with.

“It seems as though Peitho, Eris, and Lethe have come to the aid of Zephyrus while Dionysus, Hypnos, and Hephaestus have come to the aid of Morpheus. This is intense. Everyone stay safe out there.” The reporter's voice said once more before going silent, seemingly to focus on the fight, much like others who were watching.

It wasn’t often that almost all main heroes and villains were out in a full-out fight; it was more common to see one on one’s between them. The fight was fairly even from how it looked on the TV. The fight had ended almost as fast as it began with either side battered and bruised by the end of it. They went their separate ways.

About an hour later, Isabella heard the apartment door open and close accompanied by heavy footsteps. Isa’s bedroom door was next to open, revealing a tall male with brown hair and brown eyes. He was dressed in a blue wool sweater and a pair of blue jeans, a New York hat firmly on his head. He smelled of cigarette ash and rum.

“Did you make food?” He asked.

“Check the kitchen,” Isabella responded, not in the mood to deal with her drunk brother.

Jay rolled his eyes before making his way to the kitchen. Isabella stared at the place his brother had just been. She took a deep breath, stood up, and closed the door once more. That was an ordinary day in the life of Isabella Schlatt. Until it wasn't.