7

Over the course of 2 months, Isabella often found herself in Nevadas. She would play games with Horsis or as she learned later, Charlie. Sometimes she would watch and help Kalos, Sam, build and make things. She would practice fighting with Mithios, Purpled, when he wasn’t on a job. Chrysus, Foolish, was the one she went to when she just wanted to sit in comfortable silence. The two would sit in his office doing puzzles and building legos, most of the time in silence with conversation being the only thing to fill the air. Hermes, Quackity , and herself would often get dinner together on nights that the villains stayed in the hotel nearby. Over the 2 month time period, Isabella had gotten really close to the people in Nevadas, as well as with Karl but Karl is a sweetheart so that much was obvious.
It was late at night when Isabella did something terrible. She was having dinner with Quackity  like she always did when she let it slip.

“Do you have people you can hire to protect others? Bodyguards.” Isabella asked.

“I do, why?” Quackity  responded, pausing his eating to look at the girl.

“I can’t tell you. That’s why I need to hire them.” She sighed.

“Isa.” Quackity  narrowed his eyes at her, an unimpressed look on his face.

She looked around for a moment, “They are threatening my friends. I found out that Jay was a villain and that the other villains were villains. I was going to tell Wilbur and the others and then go to hero tower but they kinda took me away before I got the chance.” Isabella explained.

“So now if you tell them or contact them, they will get hurt.”

“Or worse, killed.”

“That’s a problem.”

“It is. I don’t know how to solve it. I just wanted to work in a bakery and hang out with my friends.” Isabella frowned, taking a bite of her food.

Isabella’s phone went off. She raised an eyebrow as she picked it up and looked at the message. It was from Dream. Dream had sent her a video.

“Morpheus sent me a video.” Isabella informed Quackity , pressing play.
The video was of Tommy tied to a chair, blindfolded and gagged. Morpheus entered the frame, speaking to the camera.

“I told you, no telling anyone Isabella. Here I thought we could trust you.” He said, turning to Tommy.

Morpheus then proceeded to break Tommy’s leg.

“This is a warning. I haven’t told the others about you informing Hermes about your situation but I will. Do not disappoint me, Isabella.” Morpheus said and the video ended.

Isabella looked at Quackity and then around the room, paranoia creeping up her body and making the hair on her arms stand.

“You should head to your house. Stay in touch.” Quackity  told her, standing up quickly.

Isabella nodded in agreement, standing up as well, “I will. Try to stay safe.”

“You too.” Quackity  nodded back.
Isabella made it home that night to a quiet house. It was late so it wasn’t that surprising. Dream appeared out of the shadows when she went inside, staring at her as she grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and went up the stairs to her room. Whatever was going to happen, she needed to do something and do it soon, she was no longer safe inside the house.

The following week was like walking on eggshells around the others in the house. Dream clearly knew and was angry about her telling Quackity  about her situation. George seemed like he knew but didn't really care, he was just a bit more distant. Sapnap also seemed like he knew and he often switched between being angry and not being angry. Karl didn't seem to know and if he did, he truly didn't care. He was making jokes and hanging off of Isabella like he had been doing for the past month.