12

Isabella woke up and left the apartment. She made her way to the graveyard where her brother had been buried and placed flowers on his grave. The spot to the right of it was her parents and to the left was an open spot. She took a deep breath and got up, wishing her brother a happy birthday before going to the bakery.

Entering the bakery was always something that Isabella enjoyed. The smell of freshly baked bread and cookies, the sight of Niki and Eretcovered in flour from making the bread and cookies. When the two saw her, they hugged her, despite being covered in flour, wishing her a happy birthday.

She smiled, hugging them back before she sat at the counter. She wasn’t working today but she still enjoyed hanging out in the bakery. Soon all of her friends were in the bakery as well. Niki closed the door and they celebrated Isabella’s birthday together. Then it started.

The ground began to shake, causing everyone to grab onto each other or something nearby. Things were falling and glasses was breaking. The shaking stopped. Soon it began again, accompanied by a loud explosion outside. In an instant, the heroes and anyone with powers had sprung into action as the building began to collapse.
Everyone managed to get out of the building safely. Morpheus stood at the top of the rubble.

“Isabella! There you are!” He exclaimed, jumping down and landing in front of her.

“Morpheus. What are you doing here?” George asked as Wilbur pulled Isabella behind him.

“I came to get rid of a problem obviously! Isabella tore all of us apart! She betrayed us by telling Hermes what was going on! She planned an ambush to get us arrested!” Morpheus said, talking with his hands before pointing a sword at Isabella.

“That’s enough of that. You kidnapped her!” Phil shouted.

Morpheus grinned. In an instant, there were thousands of shadows surrounding them, attacking the heroes while Morpheus attacked Isabella. He yelled at her while slicing his sword in her direction. She barely continued to dodge it. Then, she didn’t. The sword went through her stomach, piercing through her body and poking out of her back. She dropped to the ground hearing the yells of her friends calling her name. That was the last thing she heard before the world went dark once more.