The meeting

Ever since I became Hokage, I haven't seen Sasuke. Part of me is relieved that his egotistical ass isn't talking about how much he's better than me. But I sort of miss our dynamic. he kept me strong and active. 

I enter my favorite ramen shop after a long day. The waiter recognizes me and gets me my usual. it's late at night and there's barely anyone here. I like to call this time the Uzumaki hour. the door behind me jingles and I see him again. I am completely taken aback. his hair is much longer and his body leaner. 

"one ichiraku ramen please" his voice is deeper. I can feel myself sinking in my seat hoping he doesn't see me. his head turns and I see his eyes again. he walks towards me. 

act normal, naruto act normal. 

"well if it isn't Naruto Uzumaki"

"Well don't u mean the 4th Hokage," he rolls his eyes, "pfft whatever," I missed this. I missed him. I find myself fighting a smile. he sits in front of me. "how have you been anyways," he looks to the side, he still can't remain eye contact, "yeah I've been doing good, you know being Hokage and everything, how about you,"

"yeah, Sakura and I have been traveling." I nod. Sakura, the girl he stole from me years ago. i laugh thinking about how madly in love with her I thought I was. "I hope she's doing good," the waiter gives us our food. I take no time digging in, he scoffs like he always does, "can't believe after all of these years you still eat like a pig," this makes me smile

"what are you doing back in town anyways,"

"just work stuff," i call the waiter to get us some drinks and we talk about old stories. 

by the time im done with my third bowl, we're both drunk as a bat. "hey you wanna get out of here?" i ask Sasuke, and he smiles...