Chapter 10

Scarlett's POV

The moment I saw her I almost sobbed. There stood my little girl, looking right at me. She was so beautiful. I also realize that it was in fact the girl I met at the park. It's as if fate was trying to tell me I would be with her again soon. I could tell she was nervous but she was trying to hide it. I just want to take all her nerves away.

An hour has went by since then, and I just got done signing the papers stating that I now had official custody of her. I finally have my little girl. I look over at her after signing with a big smile on my face. "Alright, well now that we have that out of the way. You are free to leave." Katherine had said. I nod still smiling. "Alright, you ready baby?" I ask Novah. She just nods a little while picking up her stuff. I took her bag from her so she didn't have to carry everything. We had gotten to the car I am renting for a few days, and I started to explain things to her. "Okay, so I thought it would be best to just rent a hotel for a couple of days before we go home to New York. Is that okay with you? I just want to give you time to adjust." I ask her. "I know it's a lot, especially in such little time. I just want to make you feel comfortable and don't want you to get all worked up or stressed over everything." She looks at me as if she wasn't expecting anything that I just said. "Ugh y-yeah, that's okay." She reply's.

I frown a little. I can't tell if she's scared or nervous. Or both. Gotta hand it to her, she's good at hiding her emotions. Which isn't good, it's not healthy at all. "Sweetheart, I know this is all new to you. And I can't imagine how you must be feeling. I know it's probably hard, but I just want you to know. That no matter what. You can always come talk to me. Always. We'll get there, okay?" I stroke her hair out of her face as she looks at me contemplating what I just told her. She finally nods in understanding. I know that it's not all just going to go into place overnight, it will take time. But I swear I will do everything I can to get there. To let her know that I will be there for her and love her, no matter what.

We had finally went into the hotel and got to our room and settled down. "So, umm, how will this work?" I look up at Novah confused. "What do you mean sweetheart?" She takes a breath. "I mean, like, your whole family and stuff. I don't want to just barge into their lives and disrupt everything." I sigh and walk over to her. "Baby, you aren't going to disrupt anything. Sure, it may take a little bit of time to get used to everything. But we will get through it." I put her hair hanging in front of her face behind her ear. "Everyone knows about you already. Rose knows about you. She excited to meet her big sister for the first time." I grin. "She's known about you since she was very little." I notice her playing with her fingers and popping them. I've notice that it's like a habit she has when she's nervous. We'll have to work on that. "Really? She is?" I nod. "Oh yeah. Ever since I told her she's been wanting to meet you. Of course, I didn't think she ever would. But I never gave up hope. And now, here we are." I smile.

She looks down at the floor. "I hope everyone will like me." She says so quiet that I barely heard her, but I did. "Everyone will love you sweetheart! In fact, they already do." I pull her into a hug. My sweet baby has so much insecurities. And it's barely all come out to the surface. I'm sure there is a lot more from what I've seen so far. I just hold her tighter because that's all I can do right now. I will try my absolute best to make things better for her. After all, I do have 16 years to make up for.

Novah's POV

It's been a couple of days since Scarlett gained custody of me. We were heading to the airport now to go to New York. Things have definitely changed for me. I'm not used to someone wanting to be around me all the time. Not that Scarlett hovers or anything. That's not what I mean, she still gives me my space. But what I mean is that she actually wants to be there for me. She always asks me how I slept, or she always makes sure I eat, stuff like that. She actually cares. I can be rambling about the most stupid or weirdest thing and she just sits there and listens like it's the most interesting thing she's heard. Even though I've only been with her for a few days, it seems like she's already got me down to a tee. Whether I'm nervous, scared, sad, she just knows and she's there for me in a heartbeat. It's definitely something I have to get use too.

I can tell she's trying not to hover to much, she wants me to have my space still. She doesn't want me to get overwhelmed with everything. Which is great, I don't know how I would be able to handle it if she didn't. It would probably be very overwhelming, like I said, I'm not used to any of this. I'm used to being alone, and doing things on my own. I'm not used to having a mom, I'm not used to having someone to talk too, I'm not used to having someone always making sure I'm okay. But I don't ever want it to end.

We had finally got into the plane, and sat in our seats. After a few more moments the plane started to take off, I look over as I felt someone touching my hand. "It's okay baby, I'm right here." Scarlett says. What I didn't realize was that I was gripping the arm rest of the seat so hard that my knuckles were white. Scarlett must have noticed, which is the reason why she was reassuring me. I immediately loosen my hand and turn it to hold onto Scarlett's hand. She rubs her thumb against the top of my hand until the plane levels out. But she doesn't let go. "Do you want to watch a movie or listen to music? You can even draw if you want to, so you could kill some time." I think it over a bit before I decide I want to listen to music. "Can I listen to music please?" I ask. "Of course my love!" She gives me her phone and tells me she has a bunch of songs saved that I can listen too. A few minutes go by of me listening to Taylor Swift when my eyes began to get heavy. I tried to stay awake but it seems like the tiredness is winning this round. What I didn't know as I fell to the world of dreams is that my head was leaning on Scarlett's shoulder.