Chapter 21

Novah's POV

I woke up the next day to the sun shining in my face. Ugh. I forgot to close the curtains last night, wonderful. I tried to go back to sleep but my brain wouldn't let me. I huffed as I got up and went to take a shower. About an hour went by when I finally came downstairs. "Hey kiddo. You're up early." Colin said as I entered the kitchen. I groaned. "I know. I don't want to be up but my brain won't let me go back to sleep." He laughed as he walked passed me and ruffled my hair. Scarlett then walked in with Cosmo resting on her hip.

"Oh hi baby! You're up early!" I just sigh as I continue to get a glass of water. "And something tells me you aren't very happy about it." She laughs. I grunt as I go to sit down at the island but Cosmo grabbed ahold of me before I could. "Seems like someone wants their big sister!" I can't help but smile at him and take him from my mother's arms. He instantly squealed with glee. "I know! You just wanted to your big sister to rescue you from the big scary monster." I say with a playful baby voice. Scarlett instantly stopped what she was doing and turned to glare at me. "I'll show you a big scary monster." My eyes widened as I instantly ran out of the room. "Let's go Cosmo, before we both get in trouble."

🌞🌝🌚

It was noon time and Rose and I were currently watching Bluey. Once Rose had woken up and ate, she immediately dragged me outside to play with her, which of course I couldn't decline. We had played tag and hide and go seek, with Colin joining in every now and then. We had jumped on the trampoline and I would tell her make believe story's. Pretty much anything I didn't get to do a lot growing up. I had made a promise to myself that I would be the best big sister that Rose and Cosmo can have and to make sure that they get to live the childhood I never got. But I don't have any doubt that they would get that even without me. But I still try. Anyway, Rose and I finally decided to come inside and take a break, which led us into watching Bluey.

I hadn't realized I had slightly dozed off until I felt a pair of hands playing with my hair. I slowly open my eyes and look up to see Scarlett smiling down at me. "Hi baby" She greets softly. I give a lazy smile and a soft hi in return. "You tired? Why don't you take a little nap. You did get up early this morning." I thought it over for a moment but decided not too, so I shook my head no. "No? Okay, I won't force you. But just so you know, we have some company coming by for dinner tonight." I raised an eyebrow in question. "We do? Who?" She smiled as she came around the couch and sat next to me and pulled me closer to her. "My sister Vanessa and my brother Hunter are both coming. They've been wanting to meet you for a while now." Oh. So soon? Well, I mean I have been living with Scarlett for a while now so I knew it would come sooner or later. Probably longer than it should have, but today? Whatever, everything will be fine. They're family after all. Nothing to be scared of, it's just like meeting Melanie. I can do this.

I hadn't realized I had zoned out throughout my inner turmoil until my vision focuses on Scarlett again. "There you are. Where did you wonder off too in that pretty little head of yours?" Before I could stop myself, my mouth began to move before I could think. "Do you think they'll like me?" She gave me a sympathetic look before gently smiling. "Oh baby. They'll love you. I have no doubt about it. Just like Nana, me, Rosie, Colin and little Cosmo. Is that what's worrying you?" I nod in confirmation, leaning my head downward. I felt arms surround me in an embrace but realized they were too small to be Scarlett. I looked up to see Rose hugging me with her leaning on my shoulder. "Don't be sad Novie. Aunt Nessa and uncle Hunty will love you! But not more than I love you. Cause you're the best big sister ever!" Tears immediately spring up. "Besides, if they didn't like you, I'd just have to kick their sorry butts!" I couldn't help but laugh at that. I engulfed her in a big hug. "Aww, thanks Rosie. You're the best little sister. I love you too!" I look up in time to see Scarlett wiping away her tears, which I smirk at. "So emotional." I mumble jokingly which she just rolls her eyes at with a smile on her face.