Ch.Twelve

Esmè couldn't help but feel like Rachel had something to do with Max's attack. She knew how she needed to find out. But she was worried. Worried on what she would find out.

Esmè knew deep down that someone had hurt Max. And she knew how she had to find out what had happened.

She knew she hoped that Tom didn't have anything to do with it. She didn't know what she would do. She knew Tom wasn't a violent person. But she knew if the situation occurred, then he could lash out.

That morning, she woke in bed and sighed. She saw Tom walking in. He handed her a cup of coffee. He smiled. "You still overthinking this whole Max thing?" He asked as he sat on the bed with her.

Esmè nodded and sighed. "Yeah. I can't help but think that my mum did this. I mean she's always saying how Max isn't good for the school. What if she did do this?"

Tom kissed her. "Stop it. For all we know, it could be someone who doesn't even know Max. I know you. And I know you won't stop until you've found who did this. Well I'm here to tell you to stop it."

"But-," Esmè couldn't finish as Tom kissed her lips. She looked to him. "I hate when you do that."

"Well I need to stop you from overthinking. Just let it go," Tom said as he kissed her again.

***
Esmè and Tom went into work. Esmè kissed him and watched as he walked over. She walked over to Grace. "Hey. How's Max?" She asked.

Grace sighed. "He woke up from the coma. And he said that he's going to tell the police who did it. He didn't tell me who. So basically today will be one to remember."

Esmè nodded and sighed. She smiled. "Are you okay? I know that this isn't easy for you being pregnant."

"I'm fine. I'm just not thinking about it. Do you have suspicions on who did it?" Grace asked.

"I have a few. I'm just not thinking over it. I can't. It physically is driving me insane. I just want this all done with," Esmè said as she walked inside with her.

Grace took her hand. "Whatever happens, we've got this. Okay?"

"Okay."

***
Esmè walked into her mums office. Rachel smiled as she looked to her. "How are you love?" She asked.

Esmè nodded. "I'm okay. I have to ask. Did you have anything to do with what happened to Max? I just remember you saying that you wanted him away from me. So I had to ask," she told her.

Rachel frowned as she looked to her daughter. She sighed. "Do you honestly think that I'm capable of hurting anyone?"

"I don't know. I don't know what to think anymore," Esmè said. She sat down and sighed. "Someone hurt him. And they clearly wanted him gone. What's stopping him from lying about who did it?"

Rachel sat with Esmè and smiled. "Max Tyler is a lot of things. But I wouldn't try to mill someone. I promise."

Esmè looked to her mum and sighed. But she had no idea how everything was about to become so much more messier than it already was.