Ch.Fifteen

Esmè knew how she was done with Max and his games. He was always messing with her head and that was the last thing she wanted.

He had come between her and Tom as Esmè was worried that max was going to come between her and Tom even more. And that was the last thing she wanted.

She had been trying to stay one step ahead of Max. Not trusting him or anything. She knew him. And she knew how manipulative that he was.

Things were tense and hard with her and Tom. She knew that she needed to somehow make it right. She felt like she had been the one cause the rift.

Tom had told her she had obsession with Max. When she didn't. She didn't want to be obsessed with him. He was trying to ruin her life. And she was trying to prove it.

It was hard as Tom didn't understand. She knew that Max had said he was going to blame Tom for his attack.

Things weren't easy for them at all. Their relationship had been falling apart. And Esmè just wanted it back simple.

All she knew was that she needed to prove Max was up to something. And one way or another, she was going to.

Esmè rolled over in bed that morning and saw that Tom wasn't there. His side of the bed hadn't been slept in.

She sighed as she grabbed her dressing gown. She left the bedroom and walked downstairs. She saw him sitting on the sofa. "Why didn't you come to bed?" She asked.

Tom sighed. "I was watching a movie. Plus I think we need to talk. I've been told you're talking to Max. I've seen texts between you both."

Esmè frowned as she looked to him. "Who told you that?"

"It doesn't matter who. You had sex with him?"

Esmè's eyes widened as she looked to him. "What? No! I never had sex with him!"

"I don't believe you."

"show me the proof then."

Tom grabbed his phone. He got up the messages that he had. Esmè frowned. "That's not me Tom."

Tom rolled his eyes. He scoffed. "You've been caught. Just admit it Esmè," he said as he turned and walked out.

***
Esmè went into work. She walked over to Grace. "Tom and I have had a huge row this morning. He thinks I had sex with Max. He's got texts that Max has sent him saying they're from me."

Grace frowned. She looked to her. "I had sex with Max a couple days ago. And I text him about it. Saying no one could know."

Esmè realised what had happened. Max had used texts he had gotten from Grace to mess with her. "I'm going to kill him."

"Wait. Before you do, I know who attacked him. It was my mum. She hated how he's been treating me. And you. So she did it," Grace said.

Esmè frowned. She knew how things were getting complicated now. And she needed it to end.

***
Esmè walked into the office. Max smirked as he looked to her. "Ah if it isn't my beautiful ex who can't keep away."

Esmè rolled her eyes "I know your games Max. And I'm not going to let you ruin my relationship with Tom. I know too much dirt on you."

Max stood up as he walked over to her. "Well, Esmè. You've just started a war you won't win," he said.

Esmè turned and walked off. Not knowing what she had gotten herself into.