5-Karma

She lay there drunk on the sofa wearing nothing but a shirt with a bottle in her hand.

"Madam please stop drinking! It's not good for your health!" A maid begs her.

"Just a little more..." Bringing the bottle to her mouth, she was about to take a sip when...

Someone snatched the bottle from her hands.

"Aishwarya!? Are you drinking again???

She looks up to see the older woman scowling down at her.

"Yeah? You got a problem with that?"

"Of course I do! Did you forget you have a dinner appointment today with the CEO of Aryan Industries? Are you going to show up over there drunk like this??"

"Well Certainly I can't go there sober...I don't know what I'll do myself if I see her with another man..."

"Will you stop talking about her already!? It's been years and she's happily married now!" The older woman screams.

Even the maids get surprised to hear her loud voice.

"Why are you screaming Shefali di? And no I won't! I'll never...I'll never forget her..." Aishwarya narrowed her eyes.

"This girl...you are really hopeless!" Shefali rubs her temples.

"Yeah you are right, I am. Now give me that bottle!" She says trying to snatch the bottle away from her.

But Shefali wasn't gonna have it. She walks towards the dustbin and empties the bottle of its contents.

"Aww shit why would you do that?"

"You will not touch this shit again!" Then looking over to the maids she orders, "Get her ready. Atleast make her presentable for the dinner".

"Alright Madam", The maids obey instantly.

After a long fresh bath followed by hours of facial, she looked sober enough to go.

Aishwarya looked at the blue salwar the maids brought in for her to get dressed.

"I am not wearing that" she says.

"Then do you want to wear this saree?" The maid shows her a bright red saree.

"No, I have already decided what I'm gonna wear"

Aishwarya walks towards her wardrobe and pulls out a short sleeveless black dress.

"I'll wear this."

The maids open their mouths wide in shock.

"That-You are going to wear that??"

"Yup. It's a little old but it's my favourite."

Before the maids can stop her, she threw her towel open and gets dressed in it.

And she looked gorgeous.

The sleeveless tight black dress made her curves and slender waist prominent. Her light brown skin contrasted the dress perfectly.

"You are not wearing that."

She looks around to see Shefali standing behind.

"Why not?"

Shefali covers her eyes in frustration.

"What is wrong with you? You can't possibly think of wearing something revealing like that? Have you lost all sense of shame?"

"Either this or I'll go there naked" Aishwarya smirked.

"Oh god what am I supposed to do with this girl!?"

Shefali knows how stubborn she can be. Once she decides to do something, she'll not change her mind at any cost.

"You know this dress is karma..." Aishwarya whispered before putting on a dark red lipstick.

"What?"

"Nothing. Call the driver, I'll leave now"

Aishwarya wears her red bottom heels and turns around to leave.

But when she's about to go, Shefali puts on a long black coat over her.

"Atleast wear this, it's cold outside..."

Aishwarya doesn't say anything and just let's Shefali cover her with the coat.

"Don't create a scene... Remember this dinner will decide our future partnership with their company." Shefali says.

But Aishwarya didn't say a word, instead her lips curled up into a smirk.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

"Is the dinner ready Sristi?" Ashish asked.

"Yes it's done" Srishti smiles nervously.

"Make sure to greet the guests properly! You know I'm counting on you" He says.

"Yes sure"

But just as he leaves the kitchen, Srishti starts biting her nails again.

How is she supposed to react when she meets her?

It's been 10 long years..

She's now the wife of the CEO of the Aryan Industries, Ashish Aggarwal. She's the perfect bride of one of the wealthiest families in this country.

When she finally thought that she had it all in life, someone from her past appears again....

And she knows she's here to ruin her life in the worst possible way!

Soon the guests start arriving one by one.

All of them are his old friends, of course they are all highly successful men.

But then she arrives...

As if like moths drawn to flame...

Everyone in the room turns to look at her...

Everyone including my husband.

And she looks at me.

Wearing a short black dress with red bottom heels, she enters the room with a smile.

And I instantly recognise that dress.

It's karma.

Coming back to bite me down.

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖

Sorry for republishing i had to make some small changes bcz i wrote this story long time back

Please vote and share❤️

Thanks for reading ❤️✨