8-College

Summer, 2012

College is the beginning of a new life, and a very exciting one at that. For most people it's one of the most memorable times in their life.

And of course, the best part of college is friends.

But for Sristi it was one of the most shameful times of her life, one that she would kill to erase!

It was a bright sunny day in the month of May when a 19 year old girl from a small town moved to a new city to start her College life.

Sristi Sharma.

Wearing a plain kurti, some kajal and lip balm, she sat on the first bench of the class.

She listened to the teachers with her full attention and made sure to take down all the notes in her copy.

And at the last bench of the class, sat a girl with her head down on the table.

"Hey you! Last bench! Is this a place to fall asleep!?" The teacher shouted.

Everyone in the class including Sristi turned her head around to see who it was.

But the girl in last bench didn't even raise her head, She really was asleep.

"If you want to sleep then go home and sleep". Hey someone wake her up! the teacher orders.

"Yo Ash wake up!" the guy sitting beside her shakes her by the shoulder.

"What??" Ash yawns.

"The teacher is calling you" the guy chuckles.

She reluctantly raised up her head, her short hair messy, her hazel eyes half closed.

That was the first time they met.

Sristi found this girl very odd.

"Who sleeps on their first day?" She thought.

When it was the time for introduction, Sristi was the first to be called.

"I'm Sristi Sharma, nice to meet you." She smiled.

Almost every boy in the class has their eyes fixed on her. She had to be the prettiest girl in the class, no the whole college!

Cheers and whispers began to flood the classroom for her.

Sristi blushed at the sudden attention.

Ash stared at her with sleepy hazel eyes.

"She's pretty" Ash thought.

After class, Sristi was surrounded by guys trying to get her number and of course not knowing how to reject guys she gave it up.

And guys continued to follow her even when she was about to go home. Coming from an all-girls school environment, Sristi felt extremely uncomfortable around so many guys but was really nervous about them getting angry if she tried rejecting them.

"Hey do you wanna hang out now?" A guy put his arm around her shoulder.

"Uhm well I-" Sristi struggled to find words.

"Come on, don't say no now it'll be fun!"

But before Sristi can say anything, someone hits his his head from the back.

"Hey loser can't you see she isn't interested?"

Sristi turns around to find it's the girl from last bench with another guy beside her.

"Hey what the fuck are you doing huh?" The guy shouts at her.

"Do you like him?" Pointing towards the guy she asks to Sristi.

Sristi shakes her head vigorously as a no

"See?" She smirks at the guy.

Everyone around them breaks into a laugh.

Embarassed the guy curses and leaves.

"Thank you" Sristi says.

"No need to thank me. You need to be strict with losers like that or else they gonna eat your head up" Ash replies.

"What's your name by the way?" Sristi asks.

"It's Aishwarya. You can call me Ash"

"Oh I'm Sristi"

"Hello is no one gonna ask me?" The handsome guy standing beside her asks.

"Ugh you are not important" Ash rolls her eyes.

"I'm hurt Ash how could you?" he wipes his fake tears.

"This is Rohan. He is dumb as fuck " Ash laughs.

"Hey stop insulting me in front of a girl!" Rohan says.

"Why not? You are that"

Sristi who was watching them curiously finally asks, "Is he your boyfriend?"

Both of them exchange glances with each other and break into a loud laugh.

Sristi wonders what was so funny about what she said.

"No we are just friends" Ash finally stops laughing.

"Yeah whatever she says" Rohan laughs.

"Anyways are you going home now?" Ash asks.

"Yeah I'll take the bus" Sristi answers.

"Where do you live?"

"Uh you know the temple near station? My house is just beside that temple"

"Oh that's pretty close to where I live! If you don't have any problem then I can drop you along the way" Ash pulls out her bike's keys.

"Oh yeah thank you very much" Sristi smiles.

"Hey Ash what about me? Aren't you gonna drop me too?" Rohan asks with his puppy eyes.

"Nah you take the bus"

"Hey come on, I have never got on the bus in my entire life!"

"Yeah right!? Then ask your daddy for the car"

"He kicked me out remember? Take me with you!" He begs.

"It's okay I can take the bus" Sristi says.

"Nah you don't have to. Besides its getting late..." Ash says.

"Okay then the three of us can go together!" Sristi suggests.

"Yeah we can do that!" Rohan says.

Ash thinks for a moment, then pulls Rohan by the ear

"Don't you dare do anything stupid to her" she warns him.

"Ouch! Hey I won't!" He says.

And then...

Aishwarya rode the bike, as Sristi sat behind her followed by Rohan.

It was not the first time that Sristi was riding on bike but...

The cool evening breeze, the passing headlights and the city at night.

She held down to Aishwarya's waist from behind...

It was really magical.

Although her first day at college wasn't that great but it had a beautiful ending.

One that she will remember for the rest of her life.