Mum?

I cycled and cycled and cycled around the city. I knew I had to stop soon because my legs were tired. I took out the money gran gave me and some of my savings. They were enough to let me stay at a hotel for the night. I went to the nearest hotel to check in.
"How may I help you madam?" The receptionist asked busy in her computer.
"I would like to book a room for the night." She looked up.
"Are you lost kid? Where's your mommy?" She said laughing at me.
"Excuse me! I'm 18, my height is just short. Can you give me a room? or do I go to some other hotel." I lied and said sternly. She looked shocked at my reply.
"Okay ma'am. Your room is on the second floor, Room number 206, on your left." she said handing me the keys. I took the bag gran had given me to the room. I ate the food she had put in there for me and laid in bed.
I couldn't sleep. My brain was haunting me. I felt like they were coming for me. I got up, my throat was dry and I was breathing heavily I got myself a bottle of water and doubled checked the locks. I was worried about gran too.
I couldn't sleep the whole night. It was time to check out of the hotel and I had no idea what would I do after going from here. I gave the keys and and went out. Back on the road with my cycle.
When I passed a shopping mall I noticed that it was Mothers Day today. Wow great way to celebrate it isn't it, going round a city with no one to look after you.
Happy Mothers Day ma. I still love you and miss you so much.
I felt tears in my eyes. I quickly cycled away. I went to our favourite place. I spent a lot of time there with her. Far away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
It was a beautiful place. Our secret place that no one knew of.
After a long ride on my cycle I finally reached it. I got off my cycle and went to sit at our spot which was right near to the stream.
I sat down and looked into the stream.
Hey ma. Remember this place? It's beautiful isn't it? Happy Mother's Day. I love you.
Ma what do I do. I'm stuck.
I cried. I was talking to her.
I saw a reflection in the water of someone. She was standing behind me. I turned around saw her.
"Miss Menzel!!?? I'm a huge fan and I love you so much!!" I said. She wiped my tears away.
"Hi, can I have a seat sweetie?" She said.
I was literally dying.
She sat down beside me.
"I'm a huge fan. I'm sorry but I am freaking out right now!!!"
"Don't freak out." She said calmly.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"What are you doing here?" She asked.
"Well... I was here to talk to my mum.." I said trailing off.
"She's alive but we have been separated since I was 5 and I never knew why.."
I felt them coming.
"I have to go!" I said running away because I couldn't bear it being there.
"Christina!!!" She called for me. But I didn't stop
"I miss you mom and I love you!!" I shouted as if she was there and cycled away wiping my tears.
********
Short chapter sorry. Happy Mothers Day to all the moms. Don't forget to make your mum feel special.
Vote and comment