Secrets

It wasn't a long peaceful sleep. As soon as Idina went to lay in her bed, I woke up. I laid in bed doing completely nothing. I thought about checking out my social media as I hadn't done that in ages. I took out my phone from Idina's bag.
Ah the cracked screen.
I opened my Twitter and went through my newsfeed. Everyone was wondering where Idina had gone to. I sighed.
Poor Idina is going through so much. All because of you.
A voice in my head said. I tried to push that thought away. 
I put my phone on the side table.
Maybe all of this will be fine if I just give in.... It's better to destroy one life rather than more....
My thoughts were interrupted with a notification on my phone. I picked my phone up, it was a message from an unknown number.
Great.
I opened the message.

09th June, 3:42am
We know everything. Give in or risk the life of others.
Read the letter.

I looked up from my screen and I saw a figure watching me. I quickly rubbed my eyes to have a clear view but it was gone.
It's just the guard. Just Arthur and his mates..... Relax... You're hallucinating...
I tried to calm myself but deep down I knew it wasn't them.

Read the letter you dumb-head.
Should I?
I sat up. I didn't know where it could be. I started to look around and just then my phone's notification went off. Another message from the same number.

09th June, 3:46am
It's in her bag.

It possibly couldn't be. I didn't believe the message. But I still looked in Idina's bag. I found it. A wave of terror hit me hard. I opened the letter. It had the ugliest handwriting but I tried to read.

The letter:-
Christina, give in or else I will get everyone you love. Yes, I know every single one of them. I'll kill everyone. You know I can do that. If you don't want your beloved 'family' getting hurt, you know what to do.
I will kill them all.

I tried not to let that get to my head, it's been said so many times that I felt numb to it. But when I turned around I couldn't believe my eyes. It was a list of people, whom I loved, and how there were planning to kill them.

1. Marry Rose (grandmother) ~ torture to death.
2. Samantha Williams (friend) ~ food poisoning.
3. Lucas Wilde (uncle) ~ shooting.
4. Idina Menzel (mother) ~ shooting.

There were other names too, like my maternal side of the family. My heart skipped a beat my breathing became unstable. I gulped down a glass of water and tried to compose myself. Quickly hid the letter and my phone into the drawer which was in the side table.
I laid into bed, my brain was going crazy.
We were able to save gran, but what if we are unable to save the others. What am I supposed to do... I can't risk anyone's life. I can't let anyone die. Not for me. No.
Darkness drowned me in and I don't know when I fell asleep.

"Idina? Idina? Where are you??"
I look around to look for her, but I saw noting but darkness.
"Do you want to kill her? Eh Christina?" I heard a voice from an unknown source.
"No!!! Please don't kill her!!"
"Come to me then!!" The voice said.
"I can't. I don't want to leave, please! Have mercy!" And suddenly there were spotlights. Four spotlights to be precise. Under the spotlights stood Sam, Luke, gran and Idina. They all looked so sad and tired. They all were wounded.
"Come to me Christina!" The voice said.
"I will never!!"
"Guess we will have to do the hard way!" I heard an evil laugh.
"Come to me Christina!" The voice ordered.
"No!!" I screamed. And I heard a gun fire and there on the floor laid Sam, covered in blood.
"No!!! Sam!!!" I cried. I tried to run to her but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get an inch closer to her.
"Come to me Christina!" The voice demanded, I denied. I heard shots again. And gran fell to the floor.
"Oh my God!! Gran!!" I said, crying my eyes out.
"Come to me Christina!" The voice said.
I looked at Lucas and Idina, I wanted to give in but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't say a yes.
"Never!" I screamed and covered my mouth. Why was I unable to say a yes?
Guns fired and I covered my eyes. I opened them and there laid Lucas. I couldn't take it anymore.
"Last chance Christina, come to me!"
"Ye... NO!" I couldn't believe I just denied again.
Guns fired and Idina fell to the floor.
The whole room started to echo with their voices.
"We would've lived if it weren't for you Chris... If it were f or you..." They kept getting louder and louder, I tried to cover my ears but it didn't make a difference.
Give in Christina.... Give in.....

"Chris?? Honey! Please open your eyes!!" I heard Idina.
"Christina open your eyes!!" I heard Lucas.
"We are here for you Chris! Just open your eyes."
My throat was dry. It felt like a million swords and pins were being pierced into my soul.
Someone covered my eyes, so that I could open them and the light may not hurt.
"Water..." I whispered. I gulped down the water which was being given to me by someone. I finally opened my eyes to see Idina and Lucas standing beside my bed. Idina bending over me, covering my eyes to block out the light, with a worried face and Luke with his hands gripping her shoulders.
I looked around and saw gran sitting up in her bed with a worried face too.
My beautiful family.
Just this thought made me cry.
"Shh... Shh... Honey it's okay, was just a bad dream love. Just a dream. Everything is fine." Idina comforted me, slightly caressing my burning cheeks.
"What happened Chris?" Lucas asked with a tensed face.
"Bad dream..." I replied. I didn't wanted to tell that they died because of me.
"Not because of you Chris..... Because of standing up for you." He replied.
"You don't even know Luke." I replied.
"We didn't die in the dream because of you denying to go with them." He said and turned away.
Idina stood dumbfounded by his reply. Well I guess he was just reminding me that I can't hide anything from him.
"Why were you hiding this from us Chris?" Idina and Luke said in unison. I just shrugged.
"Luke read her mind, in case she's hiding something else." Idina said to him and looked into my eyes. I averted my eyes.
"Even I can tell your hiding something Chris." Idina said.
Lucas came and stood near me. He looked at me and around me, observingly, he walked towards the side table. I tensed.
I couldn't even believe it, he opened the drawer and took out the letter and my phone.
He quickly read through the letter, paused, ran his hands through his hair. He tore the paper up into tiny bits and threw it away mumbling,
"Rubbish...." He was tensed.
"Unlock this phone Chris." He told me sternly. I just looked down and shook my head.
"Unlock the bloody phone Chris!!" He shouted at me out of frustration.
"Luke, please calm down. She's just a child!" Idina said holding onto Lucas's shoulder.
"Christina please do it. For our sake..." Idina whisper-said to me. I just took the phone and did as I was told.
He quickly went through the messages. He started to walk around tensed as hell. He hit the wall out of frustration.
I just sat there, feeling like a pathetic looser. Idina and Luke went to the other side of the room to discuss the matter at hand.
It was currently 5:15 am. There were fourth-five minutes till we were suppose to escape.
Lucas went out to discuss stuff with officer Arthur, Idina came and just sat at the edge of my bed, sighing.

Lucas didn't come back till 5:50 am. I was worried about him as officer Arthur told us not leave the room. I asked Idina to call Lucas and ask where he was. He had taken my phone with him. Idina agreed and called him. She put it on loudspeaker as she was making coffee for herself.
"Hello?" Lucas said.
"Hey, where are you Luke?" Idina asked.
"I'm just outside, in the lobby. I'll be there in 3 minutes." He responded.
"Anything important?" Idina asked.
"No." He said and continued, "Anything important at your end?"
"No, was just worried where you went.."
"Don't worry, I'm coming."
"Okay."
"Bye, love you." He said and Idina went into an eternal shock.
"Yea... K... Bye.." And I heard Lucas laughing at the other end. Idina cut the call off before he could say anything else.
Okay awkward....
"So.... What's up?" I asked.
"You guys hiding something from me?"
"Of course not Chris!" Idina said firmly. I knew she wasn't lying so I didn't push her.
"It'll be fine mum. He's a nice guy..." I said.
"I have other things to deal with. End of discussion." She said sternly
"But come on Idina...."
"Enough Chris!! I said end of discussion!!" She half-shouted at me. I was shocked, she never shouts at me.
I just sunk my head into the pillow and let silence take over.
"Sorry .." She mumbled and I presented I didn't hear her.

Three minutes later Lucas had come back, all our stuff was packed up. Gran had been transferred to a wheelchair and was ready, so was I. We came in together like a team before a soccer match. And Lucas started to say,
"We are together in this okay?" And we all nodded.
"Our enemy might be smart but we'll be smarter! Stare aware of your surroundings. Be like a cheetah!"
"Yeah!!" We all said in unison.
"We got this okay!???" He said loudly.
"Yeah!!" We said loudly too. All of us felt so enthusiastic.
This is it!!
I felt so strong at this moment. But one thought kept haunting me..
Will this plan work? Will we be able to escape?
Our escape??
*******************
Hello lovelies! The chapters keep getting longer and longer!!
Stay tuned till next time!!
Please do comment!!! I love reading comments!!
And don't forget to vote.
See ya next chapter!! Xxx