Surprises

I opened the envelope.
"It's the ticket to what you wanted."
"Oh my goodness!!" I hugged her so hard, she got me a ticket to IF/THEN.
"Look inside the envelope there is something else too." I looked and found a letter.
"It's from your mother. She said to give it to you when I couldn't handle it. And to be honest I can't handle you being sad." I just stared at it.
"Read it when you think you should. And now go or else you will miss the show!!"
"Thanks grans! I will visit you tomorrow okay?"
"Sure honey."
I went off to the Richard Rodgers Theatre. I was so excited to be able to see that. I was literally hyperventilating. I hauled a taxi got in and held the envelope so tightly like it was the most precious thing. Well it did have, it had my mom's handwritten letter for me. I can't wait to read it. I can't wait for the right moment when I will be able to read it.
I got to the theatre and it was packed. When I got there, I found out my gran had got the first row seat. She's the best. I sat and the show was starting. the leading lady Ms. Idina Menzel came and I don't know why my heart stopped at her sight. I noticed that she looked at me too. The show began and it was like she's talking to me at times. In the beginning she looked straight to me and said
"Hey there I've missed you....."
I was just dumbstruck to what was happening. And then she was tearing while singing You Learn To Live Without and Always Starting Over, so was I and she was just perfect, beyond words.
I loved the show so freaking much. It was perfect and I think I've become a fan of Idina. I cried, I laughed, I just had the birthday of my life. As soon as the show ended I sprinted to the stage door hoping to get an autograph. I really wanted one. She came out, my heart skipped a beat. I was standing right next to her car. She wasn't signing that day. I needed an autograph. it was my only chance. When she passed me, I spoke up.
"Excuse me?" I said slowly and she stopped and looked towards me.
"Can I please have an autograph?" And she signed for me and hugged me for a bit and whispered slowly.
"Happy birthday." And she left.
What did just happen? I got a hug and an autograph and a birthday wish from Idina Menzel!! I was blown away.
I got home. I was literally over the moon. I ran to my room avoiding my aunt and Leila. I kept the letter in a drawer with the signed playbill. I laid in bed wide awake wondering how crazy this was. I got my phone out and found out what other shows Idina had starred in and stayed up the whole night and watched every thing I could. Right when I was about sleep around 4:30 am it struck.
How did she know it was my birthday?
Why did she wish me?
Wait slow down!
She must have seen the wish on the envelope.
Yeah.
I fell asleep with these thoughts wandering my mind.
I woke up around 9:30 am. I had a headache but I had to go to my grans. I was downstairs when Leila came down with my phone.
"Well, well, what do we have here.."
"Leila give it back!!" I said trying to reach for it. But ky stupid height.
"Mum you gotta see this!" She said with an evil grin on her face.
Although I didn't understand what was in it which was so interesting for them.
"Mum, guess who Shortina is a fan of.."
I stood annoyed. What's the big deal if I like Idina. It's not like she's my mom or something.
"What is it Leila? I don't have time for your babbling." Aunt said clearly annoyed by her.
"Our young Shortina is a fan of Miss Idina Menzel!" And with that aunt went crazy.
"What?!?!?" I just stared. What was happening? What's the big deal.
"And Shortina went to see her live. Ooh she also got an autograph. Oh a video let's see what does this have." I seriously felt like shooting her. She played the video it was from the stage door.
"Where did you get the ticket from??" Aunt asked screaming.
"I got it as a birthday present and its non of your concern!!" I replied
"Who gave it to you??!!"
"I'm not telling!"
"Tell me!!" She shook me really hard.
"Granny!!"
"I knew it. That sick old woman..." I couldn't bear her saying bad stuff about gran.
"Shut up!!"
"Oh I see your tongue is longer than you height. Proctecting the old..." I slapped her across the face. I couldn't bear another word against gran.
"How dare you hit my daughter!!" Aunt came up slapped me hard. I fell to the ground and hit my head on the edge of the staircase. She kicked me in the stomach. I quickly got up snatched my phone and ran to my room and locked it up. I sat against the door. My face was burning from the slap and my stomach was hurting me. I went to the washroom looked at my face. My head was bleeding. I washed the blood away.
I couldn't stay there anymore. I put a bandage around my head and got ready and went downstairs to leave.
"Where are you going?" Aunt asked.
I didn't reply and took a water bottle out and went towards the main door.
She pulled my hand and shook me
"I asked something!"
"Its non of your concern!" I shouted
"Your not going anywhere! Specially not to that your dear old granny"
She locked me in my room and took my phone away.
I laid in bed and cried my heart out. I wish someone was here who actually loved me. I wish mom was here. Mom I need you. I still love you.
********
Votes and comments are greatly appreciated . Let's see what's going to happen next. Stay tuned.