Messages

We stayed in bed the embrace for a good forty-five seconds, until we were interrupted by a knock on the door.
"Sorry to interrupt, but can I come in?" Someone at the door said.
"Ah! Yes, Officer Arthur you may." Luke replied and broke the hug.
"I just came by to drop off this letter and the phone, which belongs to the victim. We've gotten all the information we could get from these, which was very helpful." The Officer replied.
Luke nodded and took the stuff, which was placed in a clear plastic bag.
"Thank you." Luke said.
"No problem. Hope you are doing well Miss Christina." He smiled at me and I just smiled back.
"I hope all the patients get well soon, so that we could have their hearings and the case may proceed."
"Wait.. I will have a hearing too?" I asked, slightly scared.
"Chris honey everyone will, besides I'll be there with you." Idina said. I just nodded in reply, feeling a bit unsure. But I turned my attention back towards the Officer.
"Officer, how did you all find out that gran was in trouble?" I asked out curiosity.
"Chris......" Idina said trying to stop me.
"Please! I'm fine. I want to know."
"Okay... So you see, the phone, in that packet, was sort of the reason why we were able to save her. She had been messaging everything to someone. The person didn't know her but was smart enough to let the police know, so we tracked her down. Then you know what happened." He replied and I just nodded. Awkward silence filled the room.
"I'll leave leave you all now and Ms. Menzel my daughter, huge fan, huge fan of you." He said and Idina smiled and said,
"I bet you're sick of me." The officer just laughed and shook his head.
Luke handed Idina the packet and went with officer.
"Can I see that?" I asked.
"Sweetie I think you should rest rather then worrying about all of this."
"Please...." I said making a puppy dog face and Idina handed me the packet carelessly and went to make some coffee for herself.
I held the packet, all the stuff clean except the letter, which still had blood stains over it. I took out the letter and a shot of terror shivered through me. But I kept it aside, next to me. I took out grans phone. I unlocked it and saw a picture of us as the wallpaper, and instantly tears filled my eyes. I opened the text messages to see whom was gran trying to message and ended up texting the wrong person. The contact number was saved with my 'My Baby Chris' .
She was trying to message me all along.
I checked the number and there was this slightest mistake because of which I wasn't getting the messages. Just a 6 instead of a 9.
I started reading through the messages.

15th May.
Chris your aunt came to check if you were here. I told her to leave you alone and they'll never get their hands on you. I hope you are safe. Where are you? Can I come pick you up?

16th May.
Are you okay? Please reply Chris, I'm worried. 😥

17th May.
Honey I am doing it the way you taught me. I'm also pressing the blue send button. Why aren't you replying? 😞

18th May.
I hope you are safe. Granny loves you and will always be with you no matter what! ❤️😞

20th May.
Please reply. 😔

21st May.
I'm sending help Chris. I've asked your uncle to look out for you. 😊

22nd May.
Your mother is the woman you saw in IF/THEN. Her name is Idina Menzel.

25th May.
I'm glad you found your mother Chris! I got your invitation. I will be coming 😊❤️

26th May.
Your dad's out. Stay safe.

27th May.
He's threatening me. I won't tell him where you are. Even if it's at the cost of my life.

29th May.
I love you. Stay safe.

30th May.
This maybe the last time I message you. Your dad's here. I'm not giving in so you should not either! Don't forget granny will always love you, whether she's alive or dead. 😌😘

30th May.
Come to me if you want your grandmother alive or else I will kill her and then I'll find you. You can't run from me. I know everything. I know more than you know. Your precious mum and granny will suffer. Surrender yourself. That's for the best. Love your dad 😈
Ps: come and get your gran before she bleeds to death 👹

That was the last message sent from her phone. I couldn't handle it.
How could I be so selfish... Risking the lives of my loved ones..... Gran was ready to give her life for me... But that doesn't mean I should their lives.... They've been through so much... Only to protect me...
Idina came and hugged me.
"I love you." I instantly said.
"We love you too Chris."
"Have you seen these?"
"I didn't have the guts to." Idina said and continued, "you're really brave Chris."
"She's so adorable. Look she used emojis." I showed to Idina to get her mind off it for a bit.
"Can we call and say thanks to this person? Please." I asked.
"Of course, you rest and I'll call them in to say a thanks." Idina smiled meekly at me. I laid in bed while Idina walked outside to talk on the phone.
I turned my head and saw the letter.
Should I read it? Read it Chris.... Read it...
As these thoughts ran through my mind. Idina came rushing back in with the most horrified face ever.
"What's wrong???" I shot up and sat.
I searched her eyes for an answer but all I could see was fear and terror.
*******************
Whoops sorry for the cliff hanger and the late update, but I'll be updating more sooner now, as I have a few days off.
Hope you all are doing well!!
Please don't forget to vote!!
COMMENT PLEASE!!! I love seeing them!!
Stay tuned :) see ya next chapter!