S:- Sacrifice

Riley's POV

It had been a stressful day after all of the battles, so I was going into Studio A to clear my mind.

But people were already there. Hunter, Eldon, West and James. I watched them as they danced for the last time together.

But I was mostly watching James. I hadn't spoken to him since the dance battle. I was happy I made the team but I wished he had made it too. I had kinda hoped we could do the duet again. But that couldn't happen now.

They stopped dancing and I was away to walk in, when I heard West speak.

"So how's Riley?" He asked looking at James.

"Eh.. I.. I don't know. She hand speaking to me.. at all." He replied sadly, looking at the floor.

"Is it the dance battle thing?" Eldon asked.

He sighed. "Yeah. But what else was I supposed to do? Compete against her? I love her too much to do that." He said angrily. "I hate this stupid dance battle thing. It's just splitting the team up."

My heart melted when he said he loved me to the boys. I was still confused about why he didn't compete though. I needed to speak to him.

I thought about waiting until the boys left but they were going to be there a while. I slowly walked in hoping Hunter, Eldon and West would get the hint that I wanted to speak to James and leave.

"Hi." I said quietly.

All the boys said hi back but James stood in silence, completely ignoring me. That hurt. A lot. But I understand why. I ignored him so he's doing the same to me.

"James. Can we talk?" I asked him, hoping he would speak to me.

"Oh so you wanna talk now?" He replied.

At least he was speaking to me now.

I nodded slowly. He sighed and walked over to a corner of the studio, and I followed.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" He asked. He sounded annoyed.

"Why did you not compete?" I asked him.

He sighed again. "Okay. I did this for our relationship Ri. I would feel guilty if I beat you, and you would feel guilty if you beat me. Our relationship wouldn't be the same. That's why I did it." He told him grabbing one of my hands.

I nodded slowly trying to process what he had just said.

"You sacrificed going to Internationals for our relationship?" I asked confused.

"I lost you once, I'm not going to lose you again." He replied.

I smiled and looked down to try and stop myself from blushing.

He leaned in to kiss me but I looked over to where the boys were sitting, watching us.

"James, the boys are watching." I giggled.

"So? We kissed in front of the whole audience at Nationals. Twice." He whispered. I giggled more.

"I still can't believe you." I said, referring to him sacrificing Internationals for us.

"Don't even worry about it." He smirked before leaning in again. This time I leaned in too. As we kissed his hands wrapped around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck.

"I.. love... you... so... much." I mumbled in between kisses.

"I love you too." He mumbled back. "Hey my parents are out this weekend. You should come over, since I won't see you in A- Troupe anymore."

We had forgotten about the boys until they started clapping and cheering.

"Get a room Jiley." West shouted.

We pulled away and James smirked at me.

"We will." He shouted and pulled me out of the studio.

A/N: Thank you to ImJustThatWriter for the idea.

Hope you enjoy.

And thank you for 1ok views.