Chapter 3: Watch her

The bleachers surrounding the track started to fill up with people who played some kind of sport at the college, I don't think Seren knows how much of a big thing this is at Stanford for track and field

The bleachers surrounding the track started to fill up with people who played some kind of sport at the college, I don't think Seren knows how much of a big thing this is at Stanford for track and field. Yes, some people just come here to look at them but the bigger reason is that for you to be on the team at Stanford you've got to be pretty good, so people enjoy the thrill of watching them for the first time.

My eyes always keep drifting to her, to Seren, a name that is completely foreign to my tongue; its nice I guess just different but she seems different anyway. She's warming up, doing exercises that seems like she's performed a hundred times before. Amelia and Cara are laughing at something said but she seems oblivious to what's going on, she's focusing her mind for what's ahead; interesting. I'll admit, she's one of the most prettiest girls I've ever seen and even warming up I can tell she's going to be pretty good maybe even the best out of the freshman, she looks very fit. But she won't compare to the seniors, they've been doing this for years, they know how to win; it's something everyone knows if you're from here. I wonder why she chose to come all the way from the UK to here, Stanford is one of the best colleges but it's so far from her home, probably daddy's money; that's how the majority of the people get into a place like this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

My adrenaline is starting to kick in and I'm completely in the zone ready to kick some ass, nicely of course

My adrenaline is starting to kick in and I'm completely in the zone ready to kick some ass, nicely of course. My two main events are the 100m and 200m but unfortunately the 200m won't be taking place today so I have to wait until the very end as that is when my event is taking place; leave the best till last I guess. At least I have the advantage of seeing what I'm up against and to see how good people actually are, but looking around they all seem like pretty solid athletes who are also ready to kick some ass.

The first event is the 400m, which Amelia and Cara compete in, all of the lanes are full as they get ready for the go ahead. Coach tells them to go and instantly the crowd starts cheering, it really is a big thing here. Two seniors take the lead but Amelia is slowly creeping up behind them on their inside leg, Cara following close behind, these guys are pretty good, I'm impressed. A senior called Hayley crosses the line first, followed by another, Amelia third and Cara fourth.