Chapter 12: She's dead

The sound of my alarm woke me up at 6am and I didn't want to leave the comfort of my own bed, it was so warm and I didn't want to feel the coldness of the wooden floors beneath my feet plus I was exhausted

The sound of my alarm woke me up at 6am and I didn't want to leave the comfort of my own bed, it was so warm and I didn't want to feel the coldness of the wooden floors beneath my feet plus I was exhausted. Me and Noah parted ways at 1am this morning which meant I've only had 5 hours of sleep which is barely enough for me to function. But I promised Cara and Amelia that I would meet them in Starbucks before practice this morning, so I practically dragged myself out of bed and forced myself to get ready and made my way to see them.

"Seren!" Amelia said as I was sitting down at the table, her eyes were like death itself.

"Hey" I said acting purposefully oblivious.

Instead of Amelia answering, Cara cut her off, "We texted you like a bazillion times last night, where were you?".

"Nowhere, I went to sleep early, I was tired".

"Well you still look tired." Amelia said.

"Um ouch", I giggled. "I had trouble sleeping but anyway what's up?".

The two girls looked at each other as if they were communicating through their minds. I was beginning to fall impatient so I grabbed my phone and went to our group chat; 67 notifications of them asking if I'm okay and whether I'm in my apartment and 15 missed calls.

"Why were you guys asking if I'm okay?" I question.

"That girl...the one that went missing. She's been found", Cara said.

"Dead." Amelia finished the sentence for her.

I knew something didn't seem right, which meant my gut feeling was right but dead?! That possibility never entered my mind, I didn't think that kind of thing happened among a bunch of college kids who just want to have fun. I thought the girl was just taken or badly injured in hospital but not dead.

"Where? Or who done it?", I asked.

"She was found last night right at the back of the campus in a dumpster apparently." Amelia stated.

"They don't know who done it...yet.", Cara added.

In a dumpster? How could anyone be so stupid? It was only time stopping them before someone would but their trash in there and find the girl. They're practically asking to get caught.

"You okay ser?" Cara asks pulling me away from my own thoughts.

"Huh? Oh yeah...just shocked".

"Aren't we all." Amelia said.

"What's got Ser's face looking like she's only got 6 months left to live?". I looked up to see Jacob smirking at me with Noah and Dominic following suit.

"Did you guys not hear? That girls roommate that was 'missing' was found dead yesterday." Cara said.

"Wait, what's her name?", Jake asked.

"Hayley Andrews." Dominic answered for her.

We all look at him surprised at how he knows her name, he looks around at us confused, "She's in..or was in my math class." Makes sense.

All this death is putting me on edge and I don't like it. What if it's some mass murderer that's going on a killing spree?
But sometimes I forget that I can defend myself. Before coming here my father taught me basic self-defence as he was in the military when he was younger and his current job still has some direct ties to it, so he thought being so far away from home I should know how to protect myself. I suppose he's trying to make up for the fact that we don't really talk, and when we do it ends up in an argument. He loves me I guess, he just finds it hard to show it, especially since my mother died.

"You okay?", a mere whisper comes from besides me. I turn to look and it's Noah.

"Yeah", I let out a breath that seems like I've been holding forever.

"Come with me." He says walking away.

I follow him into this secluded area in the cafe which is a bit cramped. "What's wrong?" He says, voice calm.

"Nothing I'm fine."  But the words that leave my mouth don't sound convincing at all.

Both of his hands cup either side of my face, I feel like I could be swallowed whole by him, "Don't lie to me Seren."

But I don't say anything at all, "Don't look at me like that."

"Look at you like what Ser? Like this?" His hands gently move from my face, down the rest of my body causing my skin to feel like it's on fire; his hands don't go lower than my waist.

He smirks, probably because my eyes are filled with fury. "Don't. Touch. Me." I say as I remove his hands from me which causes him to stumble back. My waist feels cold, like his touch was meant to be there. I wanted his hands to go further, I wanted to kiss him but I can't. We can't. 

"Feel better now?" He asks, closing the space between us. I still can't believe how much he towers over me and how I have to tilt my head to look up at him.

"Yes, yes I do. Thank you." I say walking off with some tension eased.
—————————————————————————

Hope you guys liked this chapter!! I'm trying my best to update as much as a I can so hopefully I stay on track from now on :)

Anyway, let me know what you guys think?❤️‍🔥