Prologe

It was a late summer night. The trees bent lightly in the breeze and stars twinkled softly accompanying the moon. Apart from a few lost cars, the only sound that could be heard was de soft mumbling of the sea. A girl, in her early twenties, was making her way towards the wharf. Her brown hair was blown to and through by the wind as she settled herself on the end of the wharf. Sitting on the old or rather ancient wooden planks, she started to relax. Her toes regularly touched a coming wave while her green-brown eyes scanned the dark sky. Not far from her a creature was watching her from out of the sea. A merman. A creature so rarely seen, that humans rather call them a myth than an endangered-species.

His entire body showed off his confidence, but in his eyes you could still see a flint of see unsureness. It was clear that he wasn't too sure of his next step. His right hand took hold of a bottle attached to his belt. Suddenly his face seemed determined, he had made up his mind. Swift and silently he swam towards the wharf. With all his power he jumped out of the water, grabbed the girl and pulled her deep down into the ocean. At first she was stunned by surprise, but then woken up by the coldness of the water, she tried to free herself from his tight grip. But it was no use, he was in his element, an element which wasn't her speciality. Slowly she began to lose her consciousness.

The merman noticed the absent of her struggles and he was aware that he had to work fast or he might lose her. Carefully he took her head in his left arm and with the other he grabbed the bottle. With his teeth he pulled off the cork and slowly let the substance into her mouth. He strongly hoped that he wasn't to late and after a while he started to panic when she wouldn't wake up. Did he do something wrong, apart from abducting her?

Suddenly her body started to luminate. He carefully let her go and the light around her started to shine even brighter. It was so bright he couldn't look at her directly. After a quick minute the light dimmed and he was just in time to catch her before she fell into the depths. Her chest went up and down in a regular pace. She was breathing. He sighed in relief. But glipsing a glance of her lower-body, his face expression changed completely. That was not what he had planned.