The lab

Vern's pov.

Clash, another bottle flew through the air. "STUPID" clash "POTION" clash "WHY CAN'T YOU JUST....." clash.... "DO" clash, cling and clash. "WHAT YOU......" bing, bang, boom. A pan flu through the sky. "SHOULD!!!"

I started regretting entering without knocking first. Not that he would have heard it though. His lab was an entire mess and his tantrum only made it worse. Still unnoticed I looked up at him and watched as his anger slipped away and thus making place for sorrow and regret. His shoulders dropped as his hands covered up his face.

"I'm sorry..." he mumbled still unaware of me watching him.

Poor Leith, I swear he would have cried if I hadn't interfered. While placing my hand on his shoulder I spoke to him.

"It's ok." I said reassuringly.
"Vern." He said while studying my face. "Did you.... Did you see all that?"
I nodded causing his face to turn red.
"Hé, It's ok. " I said again giving his schoulder a rub before I retrieved (a/n can you say that??) my hand.
"No!" He said sternly. "It's not ok." He turned and faced me. Guilt and anger flushed through his face.
"It's helpless... I have tried everything. EVERYTHING. BUT IT YUST DOESN'T WORK!" he looked straight into my eyes and said. "I'm sorry, I just don't know what to do." He rubbed his face avoiding eye contact.

Poor Leith. He was so frustrated and on top of that the pressure...... In normal circumstances I would advise him to quit, but that was something I just couldn't grant him. Instead I grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the door.
"Come on" I said. "Let's go. Do something fun and forget this whole business for awhile."

"But...." Leith started.
"No buts. Staying here won't help. Besides I'd like to see something more than the walls of my room."
"Judging by the fact that you're here, you have seen more than just the walls of your room. How did you get here anyway?" He asked.
"I'm an expert in finding things with a lot of help from others." I answered vaguely.
"Wait." He said worried. "Who helped you exactly?"
"You're brother." I said while reaching the dooknob, but before I could touch it Leith grabbed both my shoulders and turned me around so that we were face to face.
"Which one?" He demmand. Gosh he was being scary.
"I..I.don't know.. The goofy one."
He signed in relief and released me. "Thank goodness it wasn't Muriel."

What was going on?!? I understand that he's frustrated and all, but that was just...creepy. My face was clearly shocked by his awkward mood swings for he started to explain himself.

"Sorry, I'm a bit...anxious about this. What I did is not really...ehm...accepted by our society, that is why I rather keep it a secret. And if Muriel found out I'd be in big trouble and your chances of getting home would be minimal. I'm sorry if I freaked you out."
"What's done is done." I answered. "No need for apologising. And don't worry I haven't told your brother a thing. Now come, I'm anxious to see your world."

And with those words I pulled him through the door.