Town

Vern pov.
We left the ballroom through a different door ending up in some sort of throneroom. This place was way shinier than the previous one. Instead of a calm green colour, gold dominated the walls and celings.

"Is this where the king sees his subjects?" I asked.
"Only special cases, it has more of a decorative function." He answered "Come Vern, there's something else I want you to see."

We left the room through a side door and entered another hallway. Leith saw my annoyed face and grinned.
"Here we are." He stopped and opened a door. "After you." The gentleman.

I passed through the door and stopped in awe. We stood on a slight sloop with a perfect view of the village. Tiny specs moved around on the streets. As we moved closer I was greeted by the sounds of giggling kids and chatting adults. Smells and colours surrounded us. Everything was so pretty ad full of life. A miracle to my eyes. We entered a narrow street and ended up on a marketplace.

"I have to buy some herbs and stuff. If you don't mind." Leith said.
"No, it's ok." I awsered.
I followed Leith, as he moved around the market now and than buying something. The town and especially the stalls fascinated me. Soon enough I was distracted and lost sight of Leith in the crowd." No, no, no, no" I thought. I swam upwards hoping to get a better view. Amidst the people I saw no one who resembled Leith. I swam through every street in search of him, without any luck. I decided to swim back to the castle. The light was beginning to fade. Soon it would be dark.

I stood outside the castle gates. Tired I looked up at the enormous building and its thousands of doors and windows. I couldn't just use the main entrance. What if something important was going on or worse if they caught me and Leith would get into trouble? Besides I would easily get lost inside the castle and never see daylight again....
No, No, No Vern! Stop overreacting! It will be ok. Calm down. Breath....

I was exhausted from the search and the stress. To my left I saw an extremely comfortable looking sponge. Ok I thought to myself. I'll sleep here. It's not so cold anyway and tomorrow I'll find Leith and everything will turn out fine. I laid down and sighned. Surviving sure was easier in the upper world with it's electronic devices and so on, but somehow out here in the depths of the ocean simply living seems easier. I closed my eyes and drifted off.