Chapter One - I Miss You

Returning to WWE was going to be hard for Aj. After a big breakup, she couldn't decide if it was the right choice. It was a less-than-smooth road for her and Punk. He wasn't the best dude. He was always angry, but it seemed to get worse after he left the company. He became closer to her when hitting at the wall. She decided enough was enough. She watched as her father beat her mother when she was little and couldn't let that continue happening to her.

One night she ended up packing her bags up and leaving. After a week or so of sleeping on Paige's couch, Paige convinced her to come back to WWE and make her return. She didn't even think twice and agreed. She never stopped training and working out in the ring with Punk and then Paige.

"Vince I would like to make a return to the company." She spoke into her phone that was pressed to her ear by her shoulder as she began making breakfast.

It didn't take him long to agree. He loved April's character and would love to pair her up with a group and start her back in matches slowly.

+++++

At WWE Vince's wheels were already spinning in his head. He decided to talk to The Shield. He found them in a crowd of people. "Boys, would you guys meet me in my office?" They all nodded and followed behind Vince.

Once in his office, they all sat down for a talk. Vince gripped his hands together setting them on his desk. "This will be a great opportunity for you guys."

"Vince, just get to it already," Dean spoke with his bad-boy attitude peeking its head out.

"Okay. Okay. Aj Lee is making her return." He pauses for dramatic effect but Seth did not wait.

"HELL YEAH!" He shouts.

"Yes that's great and all I love little Aj but what does that have to do with us?" Romans's deep voice is prominent.

"I would like to group her up with you guys. She will accompany y'all to the ring and be a cheerleader. A storyline where she falls for one of you would make the fans go crazy!" He says excitedly.

"Oh, I hope it's me." Seth laughs. Both other boys turn their heads at him. "What? I know we're all friends but she's hot and it makes for good TV." His smile beams from ear to ear.

"Are you other boys okay with her joining you?" Vince asks switching his head around between Dean and Roman.

"Yes. I'm down." Dean quickly says. He doesn't admit it to anyone but he has always had a crush on Aj. Not just because she is hot but because she understood him better than anyone ever had tried. He was not willing to put it all out there like Seth. Dean wanted the storyline with Aj.

"I'm good with it." Roman smiled looking over at Dean whose eyes were bright. He knew even if Dean didn't say anything He had always known. Even after Aj left WWE he never stopped talking about her. They texted each other every day.

Once they were done with the meeting Roman pulled Dean away from Seth. "Could we talk for a minute privately?" He doesn't wait for an answer just expects Dean to follow him.

They get inside their locker room and sit down on separate sides on the couch. "Did Aj tell you that she was coming back?" Roman asks.

"No, but maybe she just wanted to surprise us." He says smiling.

"Are you going to be able to handle it if Vince puts Seth in a storyline with her?"

"Yeah! why wouldn't I be?" He rolls his eyes trying not to make it obvious that he would be upset.

"Dean you don't have to do that."

"Do what?"

"Act like you don't have feelings for her."