THINNER, M.C.M

! miguel x plus size!reader
TW: Body dysmorphia
she/her prns

Y/N stared at herself in the mirror. She couldn't find something that isn't flawed even if she tried. There were countless things she would change, starting with her weight.

She had tried every diet, every workout, to make herself look thinner. She had tried just accepting it, too, but she couldn't. She couldn't wear tight clothes because her body wasn't how society wanted it to be.

There was only one person who hadn't given her a compliment as a "dare", or asked her to homecoming as a joke, and he was supposed to be laying in her bed, waiting for her. He was instead at her bathroom door, knocking away, attempting to see what she was up to. She had been in there for ten minutes now.

"Hey, angel. You okay?" He asked. Y/N replied, "Yeah, yeah. Just doing skincare."

Miguel responded quite quickly. "Your face wash is on your dresser," He refuted. "Tell me the truth. I won't be mad, I just wanna know if you're alright."

Y/N opened the door. Miguel smiled at her and wrapped his arms around her waist, rubbing her back soothingly and resting his head on her shoulder. She hugged him back, feeling the tears brewing.

"Hey, baby." Miguel greeted. She cuddled closer to him in response. "What's going on?"

"I wanna be thin." She said plainly. Miguel's loving expression morphed into one of concern. "I'd be so much prettier if I just cut off some weight."

Miguel shook his head. "No, honey.." He said, pulling away and looking at her teary eyes. She avoided eye contact.

"Hey, look at me," He said, taking her chin in his hand. "Look at me, love."

He held her cheek with one hand and her waist with the other. He kept his official response simple and sweet.

He caressed her waist. His fingers trailed down her skin as his hand went under her shirt ever so slightly. He slid his fingertips over the stretch marks he loved with all his heart.

"You're perfect," He affirmed. "Fucking beautiful."

He wiped the tear that fell down Y/N's face, kissing her nose and pulling her close to him. He held her tightly, hoping she knows he meant everything he said, down to the very last word.