Epilogue

Epilogue
Four years later

The music from the club pulsed through the office, and I dropped my head into my hands. There was a knock at the door, and I glared at it for half a beat before calling for whoever it was to come in.

Devyn popped her head in with a wicked grin on her face. "Hey there, boss lady."

"Shut up," I grumbled, rubbing at my temples.

Her tinkling laugh filtered through the room as she closed to door behind her. She leaned against it, crossing her arms before arching her pierced brow at me. "You doing okay?"

"Fine. I could just kill Dante. These records are a disaster."

"No wonder he wanted you to take over instead of me."

"We both know you wouldn't have wanted it anyway."

"True. Assistant Manager suits me just fine."

My eyes rolled back so far, I was surprised I couldn't see my brain. "Don't make me regret asking you to take that role." She grinned, an edge of wickedness to it. I eyed her, wariness creeping into my veins. "What did you want?"

"There's someone here to see you."

"Vincent knows where my office is."

She pouted. "Jules, do you know what day it is?"

"Thursday."

"What's the date?" I shrugged. She laughed under her breath before pulling her phone out and showing it to me.

My eyes about bugged out of their sockets.

"Shit," I spat, jumping up so fast my chair rolled back and smashed into the filing cabinet behind me. Stopping for just a second to glance in the mirror next to the door, I checked my reflection.

"You look great, but you might not want to keep him waiting."

"I love you," I told her, throwing my arms around her neck. "Do you have everything covered for the rest of the night?"

"I do," she said, laughing as she squeezed me back.

Grabbing my purse, I made a beeline for the doors leading out to the bar. When I burst through, the swinging door nearly clipping me as it swung shut again, I scanned the bar for Vincent.

He was leaning against the bar, forest eyes already fixed on me. A slow grin spread across his face, and I took the time to admire him. Under the flashing neons, he looked even more dangerous than he normally did. His leather jacket was pulled taught across his shoulders, and as I raked my gaze over him, I took note of the single red rose he was spinning between his fingers.

Anthony and Ember occupied themselves on the other side of the bar as I made my way over to my husband.

Man, that was still weird.

"Took you long enough, princess," he said, mirth dancing in his eyes as I moved within earshot.

"I'm sorry," I replied with a wince.

"I know you've had a lot on your plate with the handover of the club."

"Still –"

He shushed me, grabbing my hand as he towed me out from behind the bar. He pulled me into his arms before presenting me with the rose. A small smile pulled at my mouth as I accepted it. "Are you ready to go?"