6.First Step

Amani's POV

Yuh know how long mi a wait and di b cyaa reach.

I look down at my phone to check the time for the 5th time since I've been standing here.
She's not late,I'm just eager to see her.

"Yeah man,real ting." I agree to Elijah's statement.

"More while yuh jus affi wul a medz,"he says.

"Fi real,"I agree,again.

Pity him nuh know seh mi head nuh deh yah suh right now.

After 5 minutes I look up to see the most beautiful girl walking towards us with the brightest smile on her face,that common one she uses whenever she's greeting someone.

She seems to be in a deep conversation with her brother but she still manages to be effortlessly beautiful.

"What's gwanin gize,"Michael says.

"Jeez the english,"Kelly says.

"Stop gwaan like unu nuh glad fi see mi,"Michael says.

While everyone was there talking,my eyes were only on one person but she was too engaged in the conversation to notice my intense stare.

After the conversation died down we decided to start buying our tickets and settling in.

We buy our tickets and snacks and as soon as it was 6:00 we started going in.
It was only 15 of us of the 25 that decided to go.

I wanted to get a seat beside Akayla so I made sure to stay close to her.

Mi naa plan fi duh nutn weird mi jus like di girl vibe and presence.

I ended up getting a seat beside her right at the back to the corner and in a couple seconds the movie started.

"What's this about again?"she asks.

"Yuh know seh mi nuh really know," I tell her.

Frl,mi nuh too know wah dis bout. Mi not even memba di title and ih jus start.

"Yuh neva watch di trailah?"she asks.

"Nosah,mi jus see it and know seh it woulda nice."She quietly laughs at my statement as she takes up her hoodie and put it on since she took it off earlier due to the sun.

"Yuh can help mi wid dis?"she asks referring to her hoodie which she was struggling to put on.

"Oh sure,"I put my phone down and helped her.

mummy neva raise no waste man.

After helping her I use my hand to straighten her hair which got a bit messy because of the hoodie.Her hair is really soft and not greasy.

"Thanks,"she says softly.

"Yea man."

It was really cute watching her from the corner of my eyes trying to sit in a comfortable position.

After she got comfortable she tapped my shoulder and pointed on it.

"What's wrong with my shoulder?"I stupidly ask clearly not getting the hint.

"Can I rest my head on it?"

"Oh,yeah,sure,absolutely,"I say all at once.

bredda one ansa woulda good enuh,jah jah.

Speaking of God,him know wah him a duh enuh.Bout 2 nights ago mi ave waa dream wid me and waa girl a hold hands and look at who's now laying on my shoulder.