10.Burning

Amani's POV

I woke up to a strong scent of something burning.I immediately flew up thinking that the house was on fire.

Yuh know wen yuh jus wake up and nothing nuh mek sense fi couple seconds?

I got out of bed and quickly ran downstairs finding Akayla still asleep on the sofa and smoke coming from the kitchen.

When I ran to the kitchen I realized that whatever was being cooked was burning to the point that is caused a lot of smoke.I immediately turned the stove off and tried fanning away the smoke.

I ran to Akayla,picked her up and took her outside to the pool.Since she had asthma I didn't want the smoke to affect her.

"A wah happen,a wah yuh a run suh fah and why are we outside?"she asked while I placed her on the pool chair so I could catch my breath.

"Smoke..burn..inside..kitchen,"I tried to say even though none of that wasn't comprehended properly.

"Wah? Yuh know wah nuh ansa dat jus breathe,"she said.

A dat mi a try do.

After calming down and breathing properly I explained to her what happened.

"Ooh,a me did deh cook but mi go inna di couch and apparently mi drop a sleep,"she said.

"Why it sound like anuh di first time dis deh happen?"I ask.

"Well...no,a kinda di 3rd time but luckily all the times it happened someone was here to save the day,so,"she shrugged while responding.

THE THIRD TIME!!!

Wonda if she a hear wah she a seh.

"Akayla,do you know the damage that this could have caused to you and the house.This nuh suppose to be sumn wah normal or even sumn wah yuh tek lightly. Mi undastan seh yuh tired but you could have woken me up and asked me to make you something. Mi nuh waa nothin happen to yuh enuh,"I said all at once.

"Oh,"was her only reply.

I sighed and took a seat next to her.

"Akayla,listen,mi naa call yuh careless or nothing like dat,this actually happen to me before and mi likkle cousin almost got hurt by it cause him did a reach fi turn off di stove and almost pull ova di pot pan himself. Me did jus careless,luckily I woke up in time before anything bad could happen. Suh next time yuh aguh cook sumn and yuh feel tired ask someone else in the house or if you're home alone snack on something or try to stay active so the tiredness doesn't really affect you,alright?"I said.

"Yea,"she answered me softly.

"No no no,yuh naa guh ansa mi suh dry wid no "yea" ansa mi properly,"I said mimicking that one time I answered her "dryly" and she wasn't pleased with it.

She chuckled and answered more cheerfully.

"That's more like it,"I said while poking her side which caused her to smile.

Gosh,I love her smile.

Right now mi sound like waa likkle simp but a Akayla wi a talk bout suh yuh know how dat guh.

I took her hand,got up and pulled her towards the kitchen.

"Come on let's clean up,then we can make it over,"I suggested.