unconsuming

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

༄ؘ ˑ

"what would you like to eat?" foolish asks softly, looking over at the other.

karl hums thoughtfully, squinting as he looks at all of his options. after a moment he smiles brightly, looking back at foolish. "i'll have whatever you're having," he chirps happily.

"alright," foolish smiles, stepping forward and ordering both of their food.

foolish takes both of the meals from the woman at the counter, carrying them towards their group's table as he worries that karl might drop one.

"the food servings are way too big," karl says as he tip-toes to looks at the two plates, planning what he would eat first in his head.

"you think?" foolish asks the other. "i always finish mine," he says.

"oh, sorry!" karl apologises, looking at his friend with wide, apologetic eyes. "i didn't mean it in a meanie way, i just can't finish mine lots," he explains, guiltily biting his lip.

"don't be sorry," foolish smiles comfortingly, putting the plates down as they arrive at the table, "it just depends on your appetite. it's different for everyone."

karl nods a little, sitting down in between foolish and kris. almost immediately he wraps his arms around kris' arm, holding tightly onto the older girl and leaning his head down against her shoulder.

"hello there," kris says with a fond laugh, using her free hand to ruffle up karl's hair.

"hey," the brunette giggles, cuddling up closer to the other with a soft smile. he looks across the table to see george and dream chatting away in a world of their own.

"how were your lessons today karl?" kris asks.

karl lets go of her just enough to sit back and make eye contact, but remains holding onto her arm so they're still close. "good!" he chirps happily, bouncing in his chair just a little. "we had english and we read the whole time and it was so much fun!" he babbles.

"i thought it was so boring," skeppy admits from further along the table, mixing his soup.

"i liked it," karl countered. "i read a book for a higher reading age than i normally would and i understood most of it!" he tells the table proudly.

"that's so good," bad exclaims, smiling widely at the brunette. "would you like to focus on reading today during our tutoring session?" he offers.

"yes please!" the brunette chirps, picking up one of his bits of broccoli and popping it in his mouth.

"karl," kris scolds lightly from beside him, "use your fork please."

karl looks down at his plate for a moment, trying to work out what he'd even eaten. "oh! yes, sorry," he apologises, picking up the cutlery and stabbing one of his nuggets.