have a cry, make a move

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

༄ؘ ˑ

foolish laughs a little cluelessly, more shocked than anything.

"it's funny because it's true," karl says with a giggle, more than amused by what kris had said.

"no it isn't," jimmy shuts down, unable to hide his own amusement in his smile, "that literally never happened."

"chandler?" kris prompts, looking at the other brunette to confirm her story. chandler nods. "see!"

"okay, okay, enough of that," jimmy waves his hand, hoping to cut out the group's laughter, which somewhat works. "let's never bring it up again."

"i don't think i even want to know the story," punz says, having not been there and not exactly even knowing what they're talking about.

"no, me neither," foolish says in agreement, still giggling slightly. it's hard not to laugh along with all your friends, even if you don't exactly know what is funny. "i think that story can stay as an inside joke for now."

"hey guys," sapnap greets as he sits down.

"hey sapnap," karl greets.

"hi," punz smiles.

the group fall unreasonably quiet as they wait for sapnap's response.

the ravenette just smiles back as he sits down.

foolish can't help but feel the awkward tension floating through the air. it confuses him a little, because punz explicitly told him that they had sorted it out, but this just feels tense.

"so, karl," jimmy starts, his voice sounding unreasonably loud as it fills the awkward quiet, "how is your tutoring going?"

it's, hands down, the most awkward, forced conversation started ever but karl, somehow, doesn't seem to notice that as he immediately perks up. "it was so good!" he smiles brightly. "bad was showing me how to add fractions together and it was really hard but i'm actually getting it."

"wow," jimmy smiles proudly. "can i see?"

karl nods quickly, excited. "yeah! write me some fractions and i'll do them," he suggests, practically bouncing in his chair when kris passes jimmy some paper and a pencil.

foolish can't help but smile softly at karl's bright attitude. everything is always so exciting to him and it's adorable. he wishes he could see the world in the same way.

jimmy jots down some relatively easy fractions before passing them over to the younger brunette, who takes the sheet with a grin.

karl carefully puts the paper in front of him before making a grabby hand for the pencil and taking that too. he wraps his whole first around the stationary, beginning to scratch numbers onto the page.