from one institution to the next

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

༄ؘ ˑ

"don't get me wrong, i did see it coming," dream says with a shrug. "i'm only surprised because jimmy hasn't gone all protective dad mode over it," he jokes, earning a few airy laughs around the table.

"i don't have to because i know that no one is going to treat karl better than foolish will," jimmy dismisses easily, meaning every word he says.

foolish's chest feels warm inside as he smiles, "awe, thanks jimmy." jimmy offers him a soft nod in response.

"i don't understand why everyone is saying they saw it coming," quackity says, dumbfounded, "i'm literally so confused about how this has become a thing and why you all seem to know about it. i literally wouldn't have predicted this in like... ever."

"well, to be fair, you weren't there when they came in to tell us they were going on a date," george points out, "but even then i feel like most of us kne-"

"they went on a date?!" quackity gasps, looking between foolish and karl with wide, crazy eyes. "and you all knew?!" he looks at the others. "why did no one tell me?" he complains with a pout, "we're meant to fill each other in on all the juicy drama guys, what the fuck?"

"their relationship is not 'drama'," bad scolds half-heartedly, shaking his head.

"you know what i meant," the ravenette mumbles back, dramatically rolling his eyes.

"quackity is just salty because he's going to be single forever," jimmy taunts playfully, earning himself two middle fingers from the younger boy.

"well," bad says as he gets out of his chair, checking the time on his phone as he does, "i'm really happy for both of you," he smiles at the new couple, "but i have to go now to tutor some first years."

"oh nice, that's really good of you," jimmy grins proudly at his friend, "have fun."

"i'll try," bad jokes, saying his final goodbye before heading off.

"he's so nice," jimmy compliments as they watch bad leave the hall, smiling fondly to himself: he's so proud of his friends.

"he really is," karl agrees.

jimmy focuses back on the remaining five, looking between dream and foolish as he asks, "what is happening between punz and sap? i've felt the tension, and a few people mentioned them falling out but no one is telling me what it was about."

"oh, i think they're all good now," foolish dismisses, dream nodding in agreement.

"every time i see them together they seem to be more comfortable than the last," dream adds, "so i think they're just gradually building the friendship back up now."

"okay, that's good to hear," jimmy sighs, relieved.

"wait, hold on, what happened between them?" quackity questions, bewildered. "how am i missing all of this?"