guilt trip to risk his life

𝖙𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖜𝖆𝖗𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖉 𝖎𝖓 𝖔𝖕𝖊𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖆𝖚𝖙𝖍𝖔𝖗'𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙𝖊

༄ؘ ˑ

"dream?"

the blond slowly awakens at the prodding to his arm, blinking his eyes open. sleepily, he murmurs, "wha'?"

"i need a wee."

dream's eyes focus on the room around him, adjusting to the light, and they widen in shock when he sees his position: his arms wrapped tightly around george's stomach, holding the brunette against him.

he quickly lets go, moving back so quickly he almost throws himself off the side of the bed. "i- uhm, sorry," he apologises, heart thumping against his rib cage as he watches george worm his way out of the bed.

"it's okay, i didn't mind it," he assures honestly, "i just didn't think you'd appreciate waking up covered in piss," he jokes, earning a laugh from the blond.

george offers dream a quick smile before leaving the room, and dream is quick to shut his eyes as he attempts to brand the image of sleepy george into his head. george, with his messy hair and dry lips and red under eyes and crackly voice and relaxed features and overly baggy t-shirt and-

"sorry about that," the brit apologises as he re-enters the room, making his way straight back over and into bed. "i didn't want to wake you up but it was my only chance at escape," he giggles.

dream laughs too, hiding his intense shock as george crawls back into his arms and reciprocating blindly, holding the brunette back against his chest again. dream had never realised how lovely it feels to have another body of heat first thing in the morning.

"what do you think happened with punz and sapnap?" george asks as he relaxes in dream's arms, staring at the wall ahead of him. he's too awake to shut his eyes again.

"no idea," dream answers with a vague shrug. "hopefully they worked it out."

"what even happened between them?" george wondered.

dream creased his eyebrows together. he didn't know exactly, but even the details he was aware of he knew he couldn't share. "i have no clue," he lies, "probably something petty," he lies again.

"well it's not like they fought over a girl or something, cause sap's gay," george thinks out loud, "and they're literally so close, i can't imagine what else they could possibly argue over."

"well what do-"

dream cuts himself off as the sound of a phone ringing cuts through their comfortable silence. he knows it isn't his, because he puts it on airplane mode before bed. so, either, bad left his here before going to skeppy's yesterday, or, more likely, it's george's.

he assumes the second as george reaches out, causing the blond to shift one of his arms out of the way and loosen his grip just slightly to give george a little leeway.

the brit picks up his phone, not saying anything as he silences the call from his mum and drops the mobile back onto the bedside cabinet before getting comfy again.