Ranks (Clans)

| Kit |

A kitten younger than six moons.

| Apprentice |

A cat at least six moons old, and training to be a warrior (or a Medicine cat).

| Warrior |

A mature cat who has completed his or her warrior training. A she-cat is considered a warrior when she is not currently expecting or nursing a tom's kits.

| Mentor |

A cat who is currently training an apprentice.

| Queen |

A she-cat with kits to take care of or who is pregnant with kits, or stays in the nursery helping other queens even though they have no kits. (i.e. Daisy, Ferncloud)

| Elder |

Cats who cannot hunt or fight anymore, sometimes due to injury (Stonepelt), loss of sight (Longtail), sickness (Heavystep), or are just too old to do their warrior duties. They are treated with great respect in the Clan. The apprentices in the Clan take fresh kill to them, pick out their fleas, and change their bedding.

| Medicine cat |

A cat who heals injuries and/or illnesses, who is skilled with herbs, leaves and natural cures and sometimes receives special signs or prophecies from StarClan.

| Deputy |

A warrior who is second in command to the leader, helping the leader in their tasks and replacing them after their death or resignment. They organise patrols and make reports to the leader, and are known to be frequently given apprentices.

| Leader |

A cat who controls the entire Clan. A leader is granted nine lives by StarClan so they "can be first in every battle and last to take a piece of fresh-kill" basically giving them extra time to serve and lead their Clan.